Technically, this is sugar free and it is something that my family really enjoys.
I’m using Tova Carbquik Low Carb Bake Mix which is a basic bake mix only, low carb. You can sub in your own baking mix if desired.
I am also using a bottle of beer. Not a lover of beer? Use warm tap water instead.
Perhaps my favorite find of recent days is this Granite Ware 14″ Pizza Pan – Walmart.com
This baby cleans up fast and makes a great crust.
Low Carb Basic Pizza Crust
If you have dough left over, you can refrigerate it or freeze it to use at another time. I will often make extra to use to make bread sticks the next day.
I love the addition of something sweet to this recipe.
The sweet touch seems to complement any garlic that I have added.
- 2 cups Baking mix such as Carbquik
- 1/2 cup Corn meal (can omit and increase baking mix)
- 1/4 cup Sweetener such as Splenda
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasonings such as garlic and herbs
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil- extra virgin preferred
- 1 bottle Beer
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 6- depending on size of slices