Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Soyfoods Association of North America in conjunction with Blog Meets Brand and I have been compensated for my participation. All opinions are my own.”
I happen to live in the middle of soy bean country.
Soy beans are a big deal around here. Every summer you can see soybeans in the fields all around here. The farmers harvest the soybeans and they eventually end up in some delicious food that we eat.
Make the Perfect Soy Yogurt Parfait #ad @SocialSANA @soyfoods
I am using Silk® Plain Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative in this recipe.
Silk® Plain Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative is amazing since it has/is:
• 11 grams of plant-powered protein
• Delicious taste and creamy texture
• Contains live and active cultures
• Free of cholesterol, dairy, lactose, gluten, carrageenan or casein
• No artificial colors, flavors or funny business
• Excellent source of Calcium and Vitamin D
• Low in saturated fat
• Verified by the Non-GMO Project’s product verification program
• No high-fructose corn syrup
I am also using fresh fruit.
I am using a variety of fruit that I have in my refrigerator. Feel free to use your choice of fruit.
There is granola in this.
I am using my sugar free cinnamon granola. You can check out the recipe for sugar free cinnamon granola here.
Some folks say that a yogurt parfait is all about the layering.
I say that the amount of layers that you use in your parfait has a lot to do with how big of a cup or glass or other kind of container you are using. Part of the fun of eating a parfait has something to do with what you are serving it in. Do you agree?
Perfect Soy Yogurt Parfait Recipe
What you will need to make this:
- 1 container Silk Plain Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative 24 oz
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 Cup of granola
- 2 cups of fruit- your choice
How to make this:
- Whisk together your Silk Plain Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative and vanilla.
- Use 4 containers- such as glasses, jars, or mugs. Tip: refrigerate for 20 minutes before assembling for better results.
- Place about a tablespoon of fruit in the bottom of each container.
- Layer 1/2 cup of Silk Plain Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative over the fruit.
- Place the remaining fruit over the yogurt.
- Top the fruit with 1/4 cup of yogurt and then sprinkle your granola over this yogurt layer.
Tip: Make this in advance, refrigerate it until ready to use, and add the granola prior to serving.
It seems as if more and more people are going soy these days. It is no wonder since Soy is a lean protein and contains less saturated fat than most other protein sources and naturally has no cholesterol. It is the only protein recognized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for its role in reducing cardiovascular disease.
So why not try the soy alternative to one of my favorite healthy treats- the yogurt parfait.
I love enjoying a yogurt parfait for breakfast. If I miss my yogurt parfait breakfast then I will enjoy it later on in the day for a meal or a snack.
I love that a yogurt parfait has natural sugar that comes from the fruit that I have included in it. The yogurt provided me with protein, which is nice because I am not a big meat eater.
Did you know:
- Soymilk is the only dairy alternative that meets U.S. Department of Agriculture child nutrition requirements for protein, calcium, vitamins A and D and potassium.
- Using soy in your favorite recipes can also reduce calories, cholesterol and fat while adding iron,
fiber, calcium, magnesium and zinc.