I eat Greek Yogurt on a daily basis.
I can’t say enough about the benefits of eating Greek Yogurt.
Frozen Greek Yogurt Blueberry Treats
There is not much more that someone can say about blueberries than what the experts seem to tell us.
Blueberries are one of the healthiest foods that we can eat.
Blueberries are not only tasty, they are good for us.
Blueberries , according to the experts, have Vitamin C, fiber and manganese- which helps the body process cholesterol,carbohydrates and protein.
Personally, I love that blueberries are in season right now because I can’t get enough of them.
Blueberries are one of the most perfect summer-festive foods around.
Blueberries are healthy, fresh, wholesome, clean and they are the perfect patriotic blue for just about any kind of summer picnic or barbecue.
Greek yogurt is another one of my favorite foods.
I love that Greek Yogurt is so filling. Greek Yogurt is also easy to eat alone or add to a recipe. I sub in Greek Yogurt in a lot of my baking and other recipes. Greek Yogurt is a go-to dairy product for me.
There really is no big secret behind freezing Greek Yogurt.
What many people do not know is that Greek Yogurt can be frozen and eaten as a ‘frozen yogurt’. The trick is to freeze the Greek Yogurt for only a couple of hours. Beyond that you risk making a frozen Greek yogurt ice cube- which could probably be used as something else. In this recipe, since we are adding fruit, you can leave the yogurt in the freezer longer.
So, how do you make a perfect frozen Greek Yogurt Blueberry Treat? It is quite easy! YAY for that!
What you will need:
- Blueberries- 2 cups
- Greek Yogurt- 2 cups
- Honey, Agave or other sugar substitute (yes, you could use sugar)- 2 tablespoons
- Ice cube tray, frozen pop tray or disposable cups.
- Sticks- amount depends on the size of your mold
How to make Greek Yogurt and Blueberry frozen treats
- Place your food ingredients into a blender,food processor or Vitamix (what I use)
- Blend until desired consistency is reached.
- Fill each cup halfway with your blend.
- Cover the top of each cup with foil or plastic wrap. Make sure that this is secure enough to hold a stick in place.
- Punch a hole in the foil/wrap and then place your stick into that hole.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours prior to serving