Have you joined the smoothie revolution yet?
I may seem a bit excited about smoothies but, I have really become a big fan.
The Perfect Banana Mango Smoothie
Smoothies are really a great thing in my opinion.
I love that I can combine some of the healthiest things that I can eat into a drink that I can take with me on the go.
What can be better?
Smoothies are not just for fruit and veggies.
Add some Greek Yogurt to your smoothie and you have just added some great protein.
I love that you can put about anything healthy into a smoothie and it comes out tasting delicious.
Mangoes are that delicious tropical fruit.
Mangoes are a popular fruit especially in Asian dishes.
Mangoes are also loaded with Vitamin C, which is one more reason to enjoy one.
Bananas are also very good for us.
There is no need to go on about how healthy a banana is as we all have heard it before.
Bananas are a well-known source of potassium. Potassium is something that we all need in our body.
I am a fan of Greek Yogurt.
I use Greek Yogurt in my smoothies. You are welcome to substitute in another yogurt or equivalent in this recipe. I use Greek Yogurt because of the many benefits it has including being a source of protein. I find that Greek Yogurt is a bit more filling than the other yogurts that I have tried as well.
You can use a blender to make this smoothie.
I use a Vitamix blender. I find that the Vitamix blender is perfect for smoothie making. I am sure that most any kind of blender will work in this recipe.
How to make The Perfect Banana Mango Smoothie
What you will need to make this:
- 1 medium mango peeled chopped into cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1 Banana peeled and cut into slices
- 2/3 cup of Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp. Honey- I use a sugar free honey alternative. Agave could also work.
- 4-6 ice cubes depending on the size of the cubes.
How to make this:
- Add your ingredients plus 1/2 of your ice cubes to the blender.
- Blend together until desired thickness, adding additional ice cubes as needed if needed.
- This smoothie is best when made fresh.