I can make blueberry anything around here to make people happy.
These pancakes are easy to make and they are really good.
A Most Amazing Greek Yogurt Blueberry Pancake
I have been adding Greek Yogurt to a lot of my recipes lately.
Greek Yogurt has become one of my favorite foods.
We make a lot of pancakes at the restaurant.
People seem to love eating our pancakes. We use a homemade recipe without adding any kind of ingredients that we would not add to our pancakes at home.
The people in my home seem to love anything that I make for breakfast that comes with blueberries in it.
Adding blueberries to my breakfast foods is one way that I can get people to eat fruit. Personally, I could live on delicious fruit that is in season. Others seem to need some kind of motivation, such as a warm and delicious breakfast.
Greek yogurt has become one of my go-to ingredients of choice.
I eat Greek Yogurt with oatmeal and fruit often for breakfast. I also add Greek Yogurt to many of my recipes.
Ditch the syrup! These Blueberry Greek Yogurt pancakes are so good that you really don’t need to add anything else to them to enjoy them.
Many folks don’t know that the ingredients that you need to make a simple pancake are actually items that you have on hand in your kitchen cupboard.
You don’t really have to run out to the store for any special ingredients or pre-made batter. You probably already have what you need to make a basic pancake.
I’ve added a few things to make this basic pancake taste even better.
I’ve taken fresh fruit that is in season and made it part of my breakfast. I’m using fresh blueberries. If it were winter, and there were no fresh blueberries around, I would use a frozen blueberry that has not been packed in any kind of sugary juice etc. I actually freeze blueberries in the summer to have them in my winter kitchen creations.
What you will need to make this:
- Flour- 2 cups AP
- Sugar or Sugar alternative- 1/4 cup. I use alternative 1/4 cup of sugar equivalent.
- Baking powder- 2 tsp
- Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- dash
- Eggs- 2
- Greek Yogurt- 2 cups
- Melted Butter- 1/2 stick cooled
- Lemon juice or vanilla extract- 1 tsp (gives an amazing twist in taste!)
- Nonstick spray or oil/butter 1 tsp for skillet prep
- Blueberries- 1 cup
How to make this:
- Preheat your griddle over medium heat- prepped before hand for nonstick if needed or can do this with oil or butter when warm.
- In a large bowl, mix together your dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix together your eggs, melted butter, lemon juice/vanilla, and 1 cup of Greek Yogurt.
- Stir your wet ingredients slowly into your dry ingredients. As more wet ingredients are needed, add your remaining Greek Yogurt a bit at a time, until you reach your desired consistency. You may not need all of the Greek Yogurt and it is okay to have a few lumps.
- If using additional butter or oil to prep your griddle, add it to the griddle and allow it to heat up.
- Ladle your desired amount of batter on to the warm griddle. Place a few blueberries on the top of each pancake.
- When the top of each pancake begins to bubble (about a minute or so), flip each pancake over and continue to cook until desired browness is achieved- about 3 1/2-4 minutes.
- Serve with additional blueberries and desired toppings. I’m a whipped cream freak myself 🙂