Have you ever asked yourself if you could grill up some avocados?
The answer is yes, you can grill up some avocados.
Easy Grilled Avocados
Avocados are one of those healthy foods that the experts are telling us to enjoy.
The good news is that there are more uses for avocados beyond being mashed up for guacamole.
Avocados are that delicious green fruit (yes fruit) that boast having that healthy for us fat as well as many essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins, and folic acid. Here is how to grill up some avocado.
I have nothing against using avocados for guacamole.
I love guacamole and I could easily eat it every day.I love guacamole so much that I want to find more ways to enjoy avocados.
This is why I am grilling avocados too.
The trick to making your grilled avocado a success, as opposed to, well, mush, is to use an avocado that is just ripe.
Leave the older, more ripe, avocado for the delicious guacamole dip that you can serve to your guests. You will still be able to enjoy that delicious and healthy avocado no matter how you eat your avocado.
Grilled avocados can be sliced and enjoyed in a sandwich or as a topping for something else, such as crackers or sliced cucumbers (wow that sure sounds good!). Grilled avocados can also be enjoyed halved.
What I love about grilling halved avocados is that once you scoop out the seed, you can add a tasty filling to it.
Since my garden seems to be producing amazing things right now, I love using these garden goodies whenever I can. Why not use what is fresh and on hand right? That means no extra trip to the grocery store or days old items instead of what is fresh from the garden.
I like to fill my grilled avocado with an Italian inspired filling.
I use Roma tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and some fresh herbs (Italian parsley etc), with some extra virgin olive oil drizzled on top. It is the perfect combination of color and goodness.
How to make Easy Grilled Avocados
Make this outdoors on a conventional grill or indoors on your stove or indoor grill.
What you will need:
- Avocados- 2 just ripened
- Lemon juice- 1 tablespoon per avocado
- Extra virgin olive oil- about 1/2 tablespoon per half.
- Seasonings, such as salt and herbs, to taste.
- Filling as desired. I like mozzarella cheese and chopped Roma tomatoes.
How to make this:
- Slice each avocado in half, scoop out the seed.
- Cover each half with lemon juice either by drizzling or brushing the juice on.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil over each half.
- Grill each half face down for 2-3 minutes until done.
- Remove from the grill and season, fill with tomatoes and cheese, sprinkle additional olive oil on top and season as desired.