We are always looking for something red, white, and blue to eat during our summer events.
Finding something tasty and in individual sizes is even better.
No Sugar Added! Patriotic Cheesecake Cupcakes!
This can be made with or without added sugar.
Do you enjoy a summer holiday as much as I do?
There is something magic about the memories that come with a patriotic parade followed by red, white, and blue food to enjoy.
Parades and picnics have a lot to do with the memories that we create and enjoy during the summer months.
It seems like every picnic calls for bringing food that we can share with our friends and family. I like to share foods that I know everyone will enjoy both looking and and eating.
Individual foods that I can prepare in advance and bring to a picnic or other potluck are just a no-brainer as far as I am concerned.
And, when we are meeting to celebrate a holiday in the summer, red, white, and blue is a must in what I bring with me. We are so lucky to have fresh fruit readily available during the summer. Especially when that fruit is in our patriotic colors.
This is a crustless recipe.
I am not using a crust for this cheesecake. You could easily add a crust by crushing some graham crackers and mixing them with melted butter. You can then press this mix into the bottom of each muffin cup. This is an optional step, that some may enjoy.
The recipe for Patriotic Cheesecake Cupcakes!
What you will need to make this.
- Cream cheese- 2 8 ounce packages softened. Can use low fat etc.
- Sugar or sugar alternative- 1/2 cup equivelant
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Eggs- 2
- Red and blue fruit- such as sliced strawberries with blueberries
- optional- white frosting
How to make this:
- Preheat your oven to 325, prepare you muffin cups for nonstick. I like to use colorful cups for this recipe.
- In a mixing bowl, mix your cream cheese until creamy. I use a paddle attachment on my mixer.
- Add your sugar/alternative, vanilla extract and eggs and mix until well blended.
- Spoon your batter into each cup 1/2-3/4 full depending on how much fruit topping you will add later.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes until the mix appears to be set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before adding topping- about 20 minutes.
- You can add a thin layer of white frosting to the top of each cupcake or skip this step if no icing is desired.
- Top with fresh fruit and serve.