Have you tried Sugar Free Homemade Zucchini Muffins?
They are really good!
Sugar Free Homemade Zucchini Muffins
I have had an amazing crop of zucchini this year in my garden!
I started early by planting the seeds indoors during the spring and then transferring the plants in my garden when the weather warmed up. It really is an amazing thing to see the zucchini plants grow to be so big and productive knowing that they were once a seed that I planted just a few months ago.
What do I do with all of the zucchini that I have been growing?
I have to be creative with my abundant crop of zucchini.
After I have served zucchini every night for dinner and given away zucchini to everyone that I know, I have to find something to do with what is left. That is when I start baking with my zucchini.
Do you call it zucchini or do you call it summer squash?
The first time that I actually tried zucchini in an adult way, was when I visited a storefront that featured fresh fruit and vegetables with my mother. I am not really sure if the memory of a store filled with fresh fruits and vegetables is more exciting than the memory of the many women who were either from the old country or a generation from being from the old country fighting over the best looking produce. At that point in my life that zucchini was called summer squash (in my mind).
Zucchini, aka. Summer squash, is a healthy vegetable.
One average zucchini has about 33 calories in it. That’s pretty good because you can get a pretty good side dish or muffin batch made with that one zucchini. Zucchini is also virtually fat free and is a good source for potassium, vitamin A and vitamin C.
The Recipe-Sugar Free Homemade Zucchini Muffins
The funniest thing happened this morning. I saw a large zucchini, that looked like it was just picked from someone’s garden, just sitting there in the middle of the street. I almost picked it up because it looked so fresh and good. You have to wonder how the zucchini got in the middle of the road. It seemed to be too big for a bird to have picked up and dropped there.
What you will need to make Sugar Free Homemade Zucchini Muffins
- Zucchini- 1 1/2 cups shredded with skin.
- Flour- 1 1/2 cups AP
- Sugar or Sugar Alternative- 1 cup
- Baking Powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Baking Soda-1/2 teaspoon
- Salt- 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon- 1 teaspoon
- Egg 2 Large
- Oil- such a canola- 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract -1 tsp
- optional- chopped walnuts or other nut 1/2 cup
- optional- lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- optional- raisins or other dried fruit- 1/2 cup
How to make Sugar Free Homemade Zucchini Muffins
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prep your muffin pan for nonstick.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your flour, sugar (or alternative),baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together you eggs, vanilla, (lemon juice if added) and oil.
- Add your bowl of wet ingredients to your mixing bowl that contains your dry ingredients.
- Fold in your remaining ingredients.
- Bake your Sugar Free Homemade Zucchini Muffins for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.