Last night I experimented and made these Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
Surprisingly, they were pretty amazing too!
Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
We seem to go through a lot of protein powder in my house.
My son, the body builder, goes through a lot of the stuff. Hence, we buy it in bulk.
Recently, I have been doing of experimenting with the protein powder.
By experimenting, I mean adding it to whatever I am baking and seems to need a new twist. Chocolate chip cookies are that perfect baked item screaming for some protein powder.
Adding protein powder to cookies turned out to be kind of a stroke of genius for me.
Not only does it give a new taste to the cookie, it also gives me some protein to my diet. However, adding protein to a yummy snack like cookies certainly is nothing that I had originally planned to do. It did however, turn our pretty good.
This cookie is almost a normal chocolate chip cookie
I would say ‘normal’ in that it has most of the ingredients that a normal chocolate chip cookie recipe would have. However, because these are sugar free, the ingredients that are added are sugar free as well.
You will need protein powder that has no added sugar for this recipe.
Yes, it is true, that there is protein powder out there that also has sugar added to it. It would seem that there are folks out there who want some sugar in their protein. However, I prefer the protein powder that has no sugar added to it in my recipe. You can easily find protein powder with no added sugar on Amazon.
This recipe also calls for sugar free chocolate chips.
I go through a lot of sugar free chocolate chips. To me, it could be about the best thing ever sometimes. You can find sugar free chocolate chips on Amazon as well.
The recipe for Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
What you will need to make this.
- Flour AP- 2 1/4 cups
- Baking Soda-1 tsp
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Butter (or alternative such as coconut oil)- 1 cup equivalent
- Sugar Alternative- 1 cup equivalent
- Protein Powder- 1/2 cup (I use cocoa flavor in this recipe)
- Eggs- 2 large
- Vanilla Extract- 1 teaspoon
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips- 1- 8 ounce bag
How to make this
- Preheat your oven to 375, prep your baking pan for nonstick- I like to use parchment paper or silicon mats.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together your flour, baking soda and salt. Set this bowl aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together the butter, sugar alternative and protein powder. Add your eggs one at a time, mixing between additions. Then add your vanilla.
- When the items in the large mixing bowl are creamy, slowly combine the smaller bowl with the flour, baking soda, and salt with the larger bowl, mixing slowly.
- Now fold in your chocolate chips by hand.
- Bake these cookies for 10-12 minutes or until done.
While you are here you may also enjoy these most noteworthy, and also especially relevant recipes as well.