Easy Mediterranean Chicken
I am not sure if when it comes to a recipe, if Mediterranean is more in a reference to a lifestyle or in reference to style of cooking. If I were to think about a Mediterranean lifestyle, I would be drawn to the beautiful blue Mediterranean Sea and the people who live around it. However,when it comes to Mediterranean food, I know it is more about fresh vegetables, fruits, and everything to do with olives.
Mediterranean Chicken would have to be a combination of both a style of food and a way of life.
What I love is how this is such an easy chicken to make. I also love that the recipe has a lot of fresh ingredients in it as well.
There are a few basic ingredients that you will usually see in a Mediterranean Chicken recipe.
Obviously, there is chicken in this recipe. This recipe works best with chicken breasts. Those chicken breasts should be skinless, halved, and boneless as well. You will also need Kalamata Olives and olive oil.
By the way, I also have a couple of other popular chicken recipes that you may want to check out.
I have a low carb baked chicken recipe that can be baked in the oven. There is also an air fryer version of this chicken recipe. Be sure to follow me on facebook and subscribe to my recipes via email to keep up to date as well.
What you will need to make this Easy Mediterranean Chicken
- Boneless and skinless chicken breasts- 4 (4-6 ounce sized each).
- Salt- 1/4 teaspoon.
- Pepper- 1/4 teaspoon.
- Optional additional Italian seasoning- 1 teaspoon.
- Olive oil- 2 tablespoons.
- Kalamata Olives-1/2 cup.
- Cherry (sliced in half) or Roma tomatoes (diced or sliced as preferred)- 1 1/2 cup
How to make this Easy Mediterranean Chicken
- Start by seasoning your chicken with the salt, pepper and any additional optional seasonings.
- Preheat a skillet with your olive oil on medium heat.
- Cook the chicken 4-6 minutes on each side or until they are no longer pink.
- Remove the chicken from the pan to plate. Add the olives and tomatoes to the empty pan. Cook the tomatoes and olives for 2-4 minutes or until the tomatoes seem to soften.
- Serve the tomatoes and olives with the chicken.