Low Carb Broccoli Cheddar Bites
Because we are kicking off a season of parties and gatherings, I like recipes such as this one.
Being air fried and low in carbohydrates makes it even better!
This recipe calls for an air fryer.
You can find a good selection of air fryers online here.
Or you can simply use an oven and bake these Low Carb Broccoli Cheddar Bites.
To keep the texture intact and the bites held together, we will be using low carb bread crumbs.
You can make your own bread crumbs using low carb bread. However, you can easily find low carb bread crumbs (even in gluten free varieties) online. You will also need a low carb flour- Carbalose flour- a low carb all purpose flour alternative that I use.
Here are some similar recipes that you may also like.
- Low Carb Crab Cakes.
- Also, Low Carb Air Fried Avocado Fries.
- And, Low Carb Air Fried Cheesy Pickles.
Keep up to date with my recipes
You can check out my guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon
The recipe for Low Carb Broccoli Cheddar Bites
What you will need to make this Low Carb Broccoli Cheddar Bites
- Broccoli – 2 cups chopped, cooked and drained. Can use frozen or fresh although, I think that frozen is easier to use in this recipe.
- Low Carb or Gluten Free Bread Crumbs– 1 cup. .
- Low Carb Flour- 1 cup. Carbalose flour- a low carb all purpose flour alternative that I use.
- Eggs- 2 whipped.
- Water- 2 tablespoons.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese- 2 cups (I like sharp).
- Seasonings to taste- as needed.Such as Old Bay Seasoning.
How to make Low Carb Broccoli Cheddar Bites
We will be making a dredging station to make these fries. I suggest using 2 salad bowls that are shallow yet large- or something similar.
- Prepare your broccoli by chopping, cooking, and draining if this has not been done.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400. I like to spray my basket with nonstick before using it.
- In a mixing bowl, combine together your bread crumbs and flour. You can add any optional seasonings here.
- Mix in the eggs and water.
- Next, fold in the shredded cheese and then the broccoli.
- Use your hand to roll a tablespoon or so of mixture into a ball. Then press that ball somewhat flat and place it into the basket of your fryer. Do not overlap the bites in the fryer. Simply do more than one batch if needed.
- Place the basket into the air fryer and bake for 8-9 minutes, flip the bites and then continue to bake until crisp (about another 5 minutes).
The Recipe Card
Preheat your air fryer to 400.
In a mixing bowl, combine together your bread crumbs and flour. You can add any optional seasonings here.
Mix in the eggs and water.
Next, fold in the shredded cheese and then the broccoli.
Use your hand to roll a tablespoon , into a ball. Press somewhat flat. Bake for 8-9 minutes, flip the bites and then continue to bake until crisp
Please see post for important details about this recipe.