Finally, a recipe for Low Carb Crab Cakes.
Make this in an air fryer or low carb as well!
Low Carb Crab Cakes
Not everyone gets crab cakes.
When you live in the Midwest, like I do, crab cakes are just not everywhere. You really have to look for them around here.
However, thanks to other food lovers out there, we can somewhat experience the thrill of eating crab cakes.
Those pretty pictures on social media and in magazines kind of get a Midwesterner thinking. Those crab cakes sure do look good. I wonder if I can makes some myself.
Crab cakes really are just breaded crab burgers in some respect.
However, as a result of being breaded, they do come with carbohydrates. But, you can easily find low carb bread crumbs (even in gluten free varieties) online. Also, Midwesterner’s like myself, and anyone else, can find crabmeat online as well. If you are thinking about using an imitation variety, by the way, please read the label first as many do have carbs in them.
Here are some similar recipes that you may also like.
- 3 Cheese Macaroni and Cheese.
- Low Carb Copycat Red Lobster Biscuits.
- Low Carb Air Fried- Fried Chicken.
Keep up to date with my recipes
You can check out my guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon
I have some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one.
The recipe for Low Carb Crab Cakes
- Low Carb or Gluten Free Bread Crumbs– 1 cup. We will divide this.
- Mayonnaise- 1/4 cup. Can use low fat or dressing.
- Green Onion- 2 chopped.
- Crabmeat– 2 (6 ounce) cans, drained & flaked.
- Egg- 1
- Lemon Juice- 1 tablespoon./li>
- Red Pepper Flakes– 1 teaspoon.
- Old Bay Seasoning– 1 teaspoon.
How to make Low Carb Crab Cakes
- Preheat your air fryer to 400. I spray my basket with nonstick as well. If using an oven, set that to 350 and place a rack over a baking sheet, prepping for nonstick as well.
- Now, in a mixing bowl, mix together one half of the bread crumbs with the Mayonnaise and green onion.
- Stir in the crabmeat and then the egg.
- Blend in the lemon juice and seasoning to the ingredients in the bowl.
- Form the mixture into 6-8 individual cakes and then dip each into the remaining crumbs.
- If using an air fryer- you may need to makes several batches in order to keep the cakes in a single layer in the fryer. Air fry the cakes 5 minutes, flip and air fry for another 5 minutes or until done. Oven method, bake for 15 minutes and then flip and bake for another 10-15 or until done.
LOW CARB CRAB CAKES
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 or oven to 350. Prep for nonstick.
- Mix together one half of the bread crumbs with the Mayonnaise and green onion
- Add crabmeat and then the egg. Also stir in lemon juice and seasonings.
- Form the mixture into 6-8 individual cakes and then dip each into the remaining crumbs
- Air fry the cakes 5 minutes, flip and air fry for another 5 minutes or until done. Oven method, bake for 15 minutes and then flip and bake for another 10-15 or until done.
Nutritional Values are only an estimate using one brand of low carb bread crumbs.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!