Low Carb Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Bites are the perfect appetizer for that tailgate, party, or TV watching.
I forgot to mention that these are baked as well!
Low Carb Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Bites
I am usually quicker when it comes to posting a lot of zucchini recipes.
This is because when my zucchini harvest is good, good recipes happen. However, this year my harvest was not so good. I was out of commission for the first part of the summer with a knee injury. As a result, my garden harvest was not as abundant as usual. Thus, I buy my favorite vegetables at the store.
I like that there are a lot of ways that we can eat zucchini.
If we slice out zucchini up into chips and bake them, we can have a really tasty treat that is also healthy to eat. Adding garlic and Parmesan cheese to the zucchini chips gives them an even better taste. The taste can rival that of some not as healthy options out there.
The average zucchini has about 4 net grams of carbohydrates.
Zucchini is also a good source of potassium and Vitamin C. By the way, zucchini, also known as courgette, is a summer squash that is technically a fruit.
Making this recipe is rather simple.
As I have mentioned, this recipe is for “baked zucchini bites” rather than fried. However, there are two methods that you can use to bake this with. Cooking with an air fryer is a quick and easy method of making this recipe. I have found that Amazon has air fryers at good prices. You could also bake these in the oven.
We will also need to slice the zucchini to about 1/4 of an inch in thickness. The easiest way to do this is to use a spiralizer or mandoline slicer. You can find these items on Amazon as well. I am partial to the spiralizer because I can make fun shapes with vegetables.
Finally, you will need Carbalose flour.
Carbalose flour is a low carb flour. I use it a lot in my recipes. You can find Carbalose on Amazon. . I use Carbalose flour as a wheat flour substitute because behaves like wheat flour, yet it lacks most non-fiber carbohydrates.
Carbalose contains 80% less carbs than regular flour.
The recipe for Low Carb Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Bites
What you will need to make this.
- Zucchini- 1 sliced horizontally into 1/2″ slices.
- Eggs- 2 beaten
- Carbalose flour alternative- 1/2 cup (see post)
- Garlic seasoning- 1-2 teaspoons -I use garlic flakes or a seasoning that has garlic flakes in it.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese- 2 tablespoons
How to make this.
- Prepare the zucchini if it has not been sliced already. If using an oven for baking, prep a large sheet pan for nonstick- aluminum foil+ olive oil spray is one way to do this. Preheat you oven for 400. If using an air fryer, prep that for 400 as designated by the manual.
- You will need two shallow bowls. In the first shallow bowl, beat your eggs. In the second shallow bowl, mix together your seasoning, Carbalose, and cheese.
- If using an air fryer, prep a baking sheet or other flat surface to be used as a holding center for the zucchini before it goes into the fryer.
- Start by dredging each individual piece of zucchini first through the shallow bowl with eggs and then through the shallow bowl with the flour and seasoning. Do this to each piece of zucchini one at a time. After dredging each individual piece, place it onto the baking sheet that you are using and allow it to wait while you continue to work with the other pieces. If using an air fryer, place the zucchini in at most two layers.
- When the zucchini is ready to bake, bake/ air fry for 10-12 minutes while flipping them over half way through baking.
- Allow to cool on a baking rack.