I can’t get over how good this recipe for Oven Roasted Asparagus With Cashews turned out
The taste of the cashews was in perfect balance with the asparagus.
Oven Roasted Asparagus With Cashews
I am that person who gets excited to see fresh vegetables hit the produce aisles.
By ‘fresh vegetables’ I mean the seasonal items that we see for a short time every year. I must say that I have nothing against the vegetables that are always there however because they are good as well.
Asparagus, to me, is a special treat.
If I buy it off season I usually have to settle with a canned product. Also, not that the canned product is bad or anything much as I enjoy it. However, it just does not taste the same to me as the fresh stuff. I also find that the canned stuff can be a bit tricky to cook sometimes. Hence, I do prefer the fresh asparagus when I can find it.
Asparagus can be a great vegetable to enjoy if you are on a diet
Each spear has about 3 calories, 0 sugar and 0 carbs. It is what you put with it and how you cook it that adds the calories, carbs and sugar.
I made this recipe pretty simple.
This would be an example of then simple is best as well. I added cashews at the last minute to give some color and texture to my dish. The cashews ended up tasting pretty good with the asparagus and alone.
The seasonings that I used were pretty basic too.
I used my go-to cheat seasoning. McCormick Roasted Garlic and Herbs, which can be found on Amazon. Amazon also has some salt-free seasonings that are good as well.
The recipe for Oven Roasted Asparagus With Cashews
What you will need to make this:
- Asparagus- 1 1/2-2 pounds depending on bunch size.
- Olive Oil- 2 1/2-3 tablespoons
- Seasonings- I use a multipurpose seasoning with garlic etc. – As needed
- Cashews- 1/2 cup chopped into large pieces.
How to make this:
- Preheat your oven to 425, prep a lipped baking sheet or casserole or similar baking dish for nonstick.
- Prep the asparagus by rinsing it and cutting off the ends.
- Place the asparagus into a bowl and toss with the olive oil and seasonings. For best results, use an oil dispenser to have some control over the oil dispersion.
- Arrange the asparagus in a single layer on the baking sheet. Pour the left over oil and seasoning over this. An alternative could be to use a casserole dish however, it will be hard to arrange the asparagus in a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotate the asparagus and sprinkle with the cashews. Bake for another 6-8 minutes or until somewhat crisp. The asparagus will bake faster if in a single layer.
While you are here, you may enjoy these most noteworthy, especially relevant recipes as well.