Peanut Butter, Oatmeal, and Chocolate Chip Yogurt Bark is the perfect treat for many of us to enjoy.
Because it is made from ingredients that we know, it is no wonder why this is so good too.
Peanut Butter, Oatmeal, and Chocolate Chip Yogurt Bark
To be honest with you, the title of this recipe is not quite complete.
I should have added that the Yogurt that I used for this recipe is actually Greek Yogurt- the low fat kind. Also, there is no added sugar in this recipe. Thus, the title should have read "No Sugar Added Peanut Butter, Oatmeal, and Chocolate Chip [Greek] Yogurt Bark". But, that would have been a bit long for any of us to actually read.
There are other recipes similar to this one out there.
I have seen plenty of recipes for 'Frozen Yogurt Bark' or 'Yogurt and Fruit Bark'. However, I made this because sometimes I need a quick energy grab and go when I am heading out of the house in the morning. Especially, when I am heading out in a hurry to head out with some friends for a long walk or something. This gives me some quick and healthy energy to keep me going. All that I need is small piece and I am good.
You can make this recipe as healthy as you want to make it to be.
I am using my homemade sugar free peanut butter. I am also using low fat Greek Yogurt. Low fat Greek Yogurt is just something that I always have on hand because I use it in recipes often.
I also use sugar free chocolate chips in this recipe.
You can find sugar free chocolate chips on Amazon.
Amazon also has various varieties of oatmeal including rolled oats, old fashion oatmeal, and gluten free oats.
The recipe for Peanut Butter, Oatmeal, and Chocolate Chip Yogurt Bark
What you will need to make this recipe.
- Greek Yogurt- 2 cups (I use low fat)
- Peanut Butter- 1/2 Cup I use smooth (see post for how to make your own sugar free peanut butter)
- Oatmeal- 1/2 Cup
- Sugar Alternative- 2 tablespoons equivalent to sugar (can use honey!)
- Vanilla Extract-1 teaspoon
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips-1/2 cup
How to make this recipe
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Make sure that you use a sheet that will fit comfortably in your freezer before using it in this recipe.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine together all ingredients except for the chocolate chips. Mix well until blended.
- Use a spatula to press this mix into your baking sheet.
- Press each individual chocolate chip into the pressed mix. This will help insure that they will stay in place.
- Cover with plastic wrap (I use a large rubber band to keep the plastic wrap in place).
- Freeze for at least four hours.
- When bark is hard remove from freezer. Break the bark into pieces and serve immediately or store in the freezer.
Tips: Serve as soon as possible as this can easily defrost into a mess. This is a great hot day snack for kids- big and small.
I make frozen yogurt bark, without the chocolate of course, for my dogs.
This is because chocolate is toxic to pets. Hence, it should not be added to this recipe if you are making it for pets.
While you are here you may also enjoy these most noteworthy and especially relevant recipes as well.