Pumpkin Spice Keto Low Carb Mug Cake
This recipe is especially for those of us who love this time of the year.
The time of the year for pumpkins and pumpkin spice.
Making this cake mug cake means that it is one serving.
However, if you would like to invite a friend, you could easily just double the ingredients and make this for two. Pumpkin Spice Keto Low Carb Mug Cake is really a special treat to share!
There are a few things that you will need to make this recipe.
Pumpkin spice is something that you can easily find online here. You will also need a Pumpkin Puree. Be sure to look for one that is as low as possible in added sugar to keep this as low in carbs and sugar free as we can.
Here are some similar recipes that you may also like.
- How to make a Sugar Free Pumpkin Dip.
- Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice Muffins.
- Lastly, Sugar Free Pumpkin Latte.
Keep up to date with my recipes
You can check out my guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon
I have some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one.
The recipe for Pumpkin Spice Keto Low Carb Cake
What you will need to make this Pumpkin Spice Keto Low Carb Mug Cake
As mentioned, Pumpkin spice is something that you can easily find online here. You will also need a Pumpkin Puree. Be sure to look for one that is as low as possible in added sugar to keep this as low in carbs and sugar free as we can.
- Flour Alternative- 1/3 cup. Make this recipe gluten free by using gluten free flour instead of regular flour. Or, you can make this recipe low carb by using low carb Carbalose flour.
- Baking Soda- 1/2 teaspoon.
- Pumpkin Spice– 1 1/2 teaspoons.
- Sugar Alternative- 1/3 cup equivalent to sugar. This is a popular brown sugar alternative that could work in this recipe.
- Egg- 1 lightly beaten.
- Pumpkin Puree– 2 Tablespoons.
- Vanilla Extract- 1/2 teaspoon.
How to make Pumpkin Spice Keto Low Carb Cake Pumpkin Spice Keto Low Carb Mug Cake
You will need a microwave safe mug such as one of these for this recipe.
- In a small bowl, gently whisk together you flour alternative, pumpkin spice and your baking soda. Set this aside.
- You can prep your mug with a bit of nonstick spray if desired. Then place the egg and the sugar alternative into the mug and beat with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients (flour blend from first bowl, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract) to the mug and mix.
- Microwave this for 60-75 seconds or until this starts to turn a light brown color. This will be hot!
- Top with whipped cream if desired. However, or you can eat this as is.
The Recipe Card.
Pumpkin Spice Keto Low Carb Mug Cake
- In a small bowl, gently whisk together you flour alternative, pumpkin spice and your baking soda. Set this aside
- Beat together your egg and the sugar alternative in the mug.
- Add the remaining ingredients (flour blend from first bowl, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract) to the egg and sugar alternative and mix. Microwave this for 60-75 seconds or until this starts to turn a light brown color. This will be hot!
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
You can see items that have been featured on my Sugar Free Sunday Spotlight here.
Are you gearing up for holiday baking?
I always start out making a list of what I want to bake for every holiday. Then I have to get realistic as it takes a lot of time to bake these things and certainly, a lot of ingredients.
The worst thing about all of the holiday baking is that I love to eat everything.
Everything that I bake seems to turn out so delicious. In many ways, it is all really way too delicious.
Are you a follower of a special diet?
For example, a gluten free diet. I have a listing of the
I also have a recipe for Gluten Free and Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies.
The low carbohydrate lifestyle is one that I often follow.
There are some great low carb recipes that you can find here.
I am especially excited about this 4 Ingredient Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe, as well as this Keto Low Carb Mug Bread and this recipe for How to Make Homemade Sugar Free Marshmallows .
Sticking to a low sugar or sugar free diet can be a challenge.
I certainly all about that. After years of riding the sugar escalator, you know the ups and downs, I learned how to deal with it all. However, in my case it was learning how to control sugar rather than sugar controlling me.
Here are some of the great products that I enjoy in lieu of sugar.
I am a chocolate addict. So instead of eating regular chocolate bars that contain sugar, I opt for sugar free chocolate bars such as this one. My readers have also suggested trying this chocolate bar– have you?
There is a misconception that sugar alternatives can be used in a recipe just as you you use sugar.
Everyone knows that a sugar alternative can make something taste sweet to us without have the many effects that sugar does on the body. However, there is more to sugar alternatives then just taste.
Sugar alternatives are not chemically the same as sugar.
That chemical difference can be a big deal when it comes to recipes. There is a lot to learn if you are serious in baking with sugar alternatives. I have more in depth explanations about sugar alternatives in my book, The Sugar Free Baking Guide.
When it comes to baking however, there are some other products that I use.
For cookies and other similar goodies,I use sugar free chocolate chips.
Also, you can make a recipe gluten free by using gluten free flour instead of regular flour. Or, you can make a recipe low or lower in carbs by using low carb Carbalose flour.
Similarly, you can make your own sugar free powdered sugar using this recipe or you can buy sugar free powdered sugar already made online.