Whenever the weather gets warm, we like to break out the Simple and Delicious Gazpacho Soup
Simple and Delicious Gazpacho Soup
This is the one soup that can be served in a bowl or in a glass.
When we serve this in a glass reminds us of the taste of a ‘virgin’ Bloody Mary. Technically, there is not much holding someone back from adding the vodka. However, this is a soup recipe and not an alcoholic beverage one. However, serving this in a bowl tastes just as good as drinking it from a glass.
I admit that I was never a fan of the tomato until I tasted Gazpacho Soup.
I was at a fancy luncheon where I was served this tomato-based legend trying not to make a stick about having to eat this.
After being ‘socially forced to try Gazpacho Soup, I instantly fell in love with one of my favorite foods.
It turns out that once I tasted the plum, or Roma, tomato, I was sold.
Gazpacho soup is a favorite for many in the summer months. This is a cold soup that embraces many of the vegetables and fruits that are in season.
Gazpacho Soup reminds me of a cold and mild salsa or enhanced tomato juice.
This soup and mild salsa and tomato juice really are a lot alike in what they have in them.
It is what you add to the soup that personalizes it.
The base of Gazpacho Soup is all about the tomato.
We use the plus/Roma tomato along with a bit of tomato juice to get that consistency started.
Then we add a few more goodies from the garden to make the soup a perfect summer treat.
How to make a simple homemade Gazpacho Soup
This really us a delicious treat to serve up!
You may be tempted to serve this in a bowl because it is a soup. However, in addition to serving this in a bowl, you could serve it in a glass.
Hence, there are varieties of ways to serve Gazpacho. Serve this soup cold for best results since the tastes will blend better and it will still be refreshing.
What you will need to make this soup.
- Roma/Plum tomatoes. Really, no other tomato will do as far as the taste goes.Use about 6 medium sized, peeled, seeded, and chopped.
- Cucumber- 1 peeled, seeded, and chopped.
- Tomato juice-3 cups, canned works good.
- Onion- 1 medium chopped
- Tomato Paste-2 tablespoons (can sub in ketchup)
- Garlic- 3 cloves chopped fine
- Red wine vinegar- 1/4 cup
- Extra virgin olive oil- 2 tablespoons
- Red bell pepper- 2 chopped,cored and seeded.
- Seasonings to taste: Kosher salt,black pepper, cayenne, and/or cumin.
- Optional item ideas 2 tsp- Worcester sauce, Tabasco sauce, Vodka and/or lemon juice.
- Herbs- 2 tablespoons, can be any or combination, thyme,cilantro, parsley, etc.
How to make Easy Summer Gazpacho soup.
- Use a food processor or good blender such as a Vitamix or Ninja.
- Add all ingredients and puree until mostly juice with a few chunks remaining.
- Chill for at least 4 hours prior to serving.