Sugar Free Barbecue Sauce
Just in time for the start of grilling season…
Have you ever seen those comparisons of how much sugar there can be in a jar of barbecue sauce in relation to the other ingredients?
It’s pretty amazing how much sugar can go into something. There is sugar added when you least expect it to be there sometimes. The next thing you know, you have consumed sugar without even knowing about it.
This recipe calls for ketchup.
We know how much sugar can also go into ketchup.(Sometimes, I feel like we sugar free people can never get a break..).
Never fear as I have a sugar free ketchup recipe that you can use. Once you have the sugar free ketchup recipe made, you should be good to go with the barbecue sauce.
Make your own sugar free barbecue sauce by combining the following ingredients in your blender:
- 2 cups sugar free ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 5 tablespoons equivalent sugar alternative
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Optional- hot sauce to taste
- Optional- (sugar free )honey or agave 1 tablespoon
I usually make this and store it in a jar in my refrigerator. It should keep for up to 2 weeks.