I can honestly say that my life changed when I first made this Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Protein Dip.
This stuff is crazy amazing on a scale of 1-10.
Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Protein Dip
This recipe is based upon those popular 'cookie dough' and similar dips.
Those dips always looks so amazing to me but, I cannot partake in them. They always have a lot more sugar than I need in the average day.
Making this recipe without the sugar was a quest that I needed to follow.
I do not mention this a lot but, I have a son who is a 'body builder'. I'll get into the details about him at a later date however, there is a point to me bringing this up. Because he spends so much time fine-tuning his hobby, we have a bit of protein powder in the house. By the way, by 'a bit' I mean a near lifetime supply. As a result, I like to experiment with the protein powder.
I love how the ingredients all interact with one another in this recipe
These ingredients probably make this recipe even better, or just as good as anyway, than the sugared versions of this kind of a recipe. Obviously, you will need a protein powder that has no sugar added to it. You can find protein powder on Amazon. I used the cocoa flavor in this recipe.
You will also need sugar free chocolate chips in this recipe.
I use chocolate chips all of the time. We cannot seem to get enough of these as we use them in a lot of recipes. You can easily find chocolate chips without sugar on Amazon at a good price.
We will be using an alternative for powdered sugar.
Powdered sugar is part of the normal recipe for this. However, we have a workaround for this that does not contain sugar. This workaround uses Splenda. If you would like to use another product, substitute that product in for the Splenda and cornstarch. As of yet, I have not experimented with powdered sugar alternatives however, I do think that you can find some on Amazon as well.
The recipe for Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Protein Dip
What you will need to make this recipe with.
- Cream Cheese- 8 ounces softened. Can use lower fat varieties.
- Butter or spreadable alternative- 1/2 cup softened
- Splenda- 3/4 cup (see post for alternatives)
- Corn Starch- 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla Extract- 1 teaspoon
- Protein Powder- 2 tablespoons (cocoa preferred)
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips- 1/2 cup
How to make this
- In a small bowl, mix or sift, the Splenda and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend together the cream cheese and butter.
- Add the Splenda mix from the first bowl to the mixing bowl and somewhat mix together.
- Add the vanilla extract and then the protein powder and blend well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and serve.
While you are here, you may also enjoy these most noteworthy, especially relevant recipes.