Sugar Free Chocolate Espresso Mug Cake
I know that there are a lot of mug cakes out there.
However, I also know that there are a lot of reasons to eat a mug cake. Among those reasons is that it's a one time thing- no leftovers to accidentally finish off within the next hour.
Mug cakes are those cakes that are made in a mug.
Most people make them in the microwave. Mug cakes are really a convenient way to make a quickie dessert- without having to share it with anyone...
This mug cake is a sugar free one.
I know that you are probably not surprised that this is a sugar free recipe as this is a site that features sugar free recipes. However, what you should know is that is that it is also chocolate. The chocolate flavoring comes from using sugar free chocolate chips (which you can find online) along with sugar free/unsweetened cocoa. We will add a twist to this mug cake with a bit of espresso. You should make this cake in aminumum of a 12 ounce sized microwave-safe mug as well.
I have shared other similar recipes too.
There was that 3 minute lemon mug cake recipe a few weeks ago. We made sugar free espresso muffins and sugar free espresso cookies as well.
Be sure to follow me on facebook and subscribe to my recipes via email to keep up to date as well.
The recipe for Sugar Free Chocolate Espresso Mug Cake
What you will need to make this.
Use the sugar free alternative of your choice however, granular works best in this recipe.
- Flour (AP)- 1/4 cup.
- Sugar Alternative- Equivalent to 1/4 cup of sugar. Granular alternative works best.
- Baking soda- 1/4 teaspoon.
- Unsweetened Cocoa- 2 tablespoons.
- Salt- 1/8 teaspoon (pinch).
- Instant Coffee Granules- 1 teaspoon.
- Milk - 2 tablespoons.
- Water- 2 tablespoons.
- Oil- 2 tablespoon (vegetable or canola is best).
- Vanilla Extract- 1/2 teaspoon.
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips- 1 tablespoon.
- Optional- topping such as nuts.
How to make Sugar Free Chocolate Espresso Mug Cake
- Make this in your mug. You cans spray a bit of nonstick inside of the mug before you begin.
- Place the flour, sugar alternative, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and coffee granules in the mug and stir them around with a fork to mix them together.
- Now stir in the milk, water, vanilla extract and oil.
- Lastly, drop in the chocolate chips.
- Microwave this for 90 seconds. Remove from the microwave and allow this to cool. Top as desired.