This Sugar Free Chocolate Waffle Cake was the easiest cake that I had ever made.
I am a fan of the easy cake to make idea as well.
Sugar Free Chocolate Waffle Cake
This is the cake that was made to hold cream cheese and pudding frosting.
The frosting recipe was featured recently on this site. However, you can use the frosting of your choice with this recipe. I have posted many other sugar free frosting recipes as well.
This chocolate waffle cake was a cake that I had made for my son's birthday.
He is a fan of the waffle. We seem to make a lot of fun waffle recipes as a result
Using a cake mix can save us a lot of time.
While I do like to make cakes from scratch, there are times when using the convenience of a cheat sounds like a good idea. That 'cheat would be using a store bought sugar free cake mix. A bonus cheat is adding a box of pudding to the cake mix.
I used a sugar free devil's food cake mix in this recipe.
There are other flavors of sugar free cake mix to choose from besides this one. You can find a variety of sugar free cake mixed on Amazon. I also add a box of sugar free pudding to the mix to make the cake more moist. You can find a variety of sugar free pudding flavors on Amazon.
Making more than one cake waffle is essential if you want to make a cake.
Layering the waffles if what makes them into a cake. Between the layers you can put frosting to hold them together. Other options would be to use fruit or ice cream between the layers. Add some variety to your cake by making waffles from two different kinds of cake flavors such as white cake mix and devil's food cake mix. Then assemble the cake alternative the colors.
For best results, the cake waffles should be made in advance of frosting them.
I make my waffles the day before I assemble the cake. Then I store them in the refrigerator to get hard enough to not break up when I coat them with frosting or ice cream. By the way, I am using a Belgium waffle maker which you can also find on Amazon.
Frost your cake the sugar free way with these recipe ideas.
The recipe for Sugar Free Chocolate Waffle Cake
As I have mentioned, thanks to using the 'cheat' of a boxed cake mix, this is an easy recipe to make.
To make this, you will make each waffle and stack them on a plate with parchment paper between the layers. If frosting or adding ice cream between the layers, cover the stacked waffles in the refrigerator for four or more hours and then assemble them into a cake.
What you will need to make this
- Box of sugar free cake mix-1 16 ounce
- Sugar Free Instant Pudding- 1 box
- Water- 1 2/3 cup
- Vegetable Oil- 1/3 cup
- Eggs- 4
How to make this recipe.
- Prep the waffle maker as directed for nonstick. I use a quick spray or brushed on oil for mine. Then plug it in and preheat it.
- In a mixing bowl, combine together the cake mix and pudding
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix together
- If making more than one kind of cake mix, be sure to keep them separated. Do so by making them separately and then assemble the cake. You will need a pudding and a cake mix for each option. Simply cook the waffles separately.
- When each waffle is done cooking, keep them separated from one another by placing a piece of parchment paper between them.
- Cover the waffles and place them in the refrigerator for at least four hours before frosting. Before I refrigerate mine, I stack my waffles with parchment paper between them and with plastic wrap over the stack.
- Assemble your cake using frosting, ice cream, and/or fruit between the layers.
- For my cake, I topped it with crushed sugar free cookie crumbs. Shredded coconut, chopped nuts, or sliced fruit are other options.The frosting that I used was a cream cheese pudding frosting that I have posted on my site.