I started baking sugar-free/low carb a few years ago when I was on a low carb diet. It was amazing how getting off the sugar train made such a difference in my day. You can bake just about everything low carb thanks to great products out there.
This is actually a relatively easy cookie to make.
- 2 1/2 cups of Tova Carbquik Low Carb Bake Mix OR 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour+1 tsp of baking soda+ 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar alternative.I use Splenda
- 1 cup of butter or alternative- I use coconut oil because it is my latest thing.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon (depends on your preferences- I use 1 tablespoon) of lemon juice.
How to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 350° and prep your pans for nonstick
- In a medium bowl combine all of your dry ingredients except for you sugar alternative. If you are using Carbquick, skip this step.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together your sugar alternative and your butter/alternative.
- Slowly add your egg and lemon juice stirring as you go. Then, gradually add your medium bowl contents/Carbquick.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until desired browness.