222 8 517 4
I find that it is good to know that there is a way to make a Sugar Free Low Carb Pie Crust.
I use my crusts in so many great ways!
Sugar Free Low Carb Pie Crust
There are so many great uses for a pie crust.
Of course, you could make a pie with one. However, making a great breakfast or dinner in that crust are other ways to use that crust.
A ‘normal’ pie crust has sugar and regular flour in it.
Of course these crusts are delicious when we bake our apples in them. However, these crusts also have carbohydrates in them.
The easiest way to make a low carb pie crust is to use coconut flour.
Coconut flour is something that I recently started experimenting with. I really like the taste of this kind of a flour. I like that coconut flour is lower in carbs and a bit of protein in it as well. However, coconut flour is also gluten free.
You may also be interested in these recipes as well.
- Low Carb Sugar Free Lemon Cheesecake Recipe.
- Sugar Free Graham Cracker Pie Crust Recipe.
- Sugar Free Pudding and Cream Cheese Frosting.
The recipe for Sugar Free Low Carb Pie Crust
You will need coconut flour to make this recipe.
Coconut flour can easily be found online.
- Softened butter for greasing pie pan.
- Coconut Flour- 1 cup.
- Vanilla Extract- 1 teaspoon
- Sugar Alternative- 1/4 cup equivalent to sugar. Granular works best.
- Butter- 1 stick cut into cubes, not quite softened.
How to make a Sugar Free Low Carb Pie Crust.
- Preheat your oven to 400. Prep a pie pan for nonstick. Preferably greased with softened butter.
- Start by combining the coconut flour and the eggs together in a bowl.
- Add the eggs one at a time and then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Now stir in the sugar alternative.
- Finally, cut the butter into the mix. Try to work this into a ball as you blend in the butter. When you are able to form a ball, remove the pie crust from the bowl and press it into your prepped pie pan.
- Once you have formed your crust, prick the crust with a fork in order to allow it to breath.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until it appears to start to brown.
- Remove for oven and allow to cool.
222 8 517 4