It's like discovering the golden ticket is how I would describe Sugar Free Molten Lava Cake
I would also say that there certainly a reason why they call this a "Molten Lava Cake".
Sugar Free Molten Lava Cake
I could easily agree with anyone who states that any Molten Lava Cake is another name for a double dose of chocolate. Chocoholics could never lie about this as they take their chocolate seriously. However, we all know this person...right?
The truth is that molten lave cake is really about the presentation it sets.
By presentation, I mean the look on everyone's face when they bite or slice into it and there is a gush of chocolate. That gush of course is the lava in the form of chocolate. YUM.
There is a really simple hack for making this cake.
That hack makes this recipe even more simple to make. My hack is to use a prepackaged cake mix rather than making the cake from scratch. Hence, this is especially a good idea if you are in a rush to make something impressive for dessert.
Using a sugar free devils food cake mix makes this recipe a charm.
I love that all of those dry ingredients are all figured out for me when they come pre-measured in a box. Hence, you can find sugar free devils food cake mix easily on Amazon.
Being that this cake is so much about the visual impression, I would however recommend making this in individual cakes.
You could use a muffin or cupcake pan to do this. However, a larger cake would look even more impressive. Using custard cups is even more impressive. You can find individual custard cups on Amazon.However, make sure that yours are ovens safe as well.
Lastly, we will be using sugar free chocolate chips.
It is true that I use these a lot. I am just grateful that these even exist. You can find a variety of chocolate chip that are sugar free on Amazon.
So here is the recipe
- Sugar Free Devil’s Food cake mix--1 box (12-16 ounce)
- Water--1 1/4 cup
- Canola oil--1/2 cup
- Eggs--3 large
- Vanilla Extract--1 tsp
- Melted Butter--2 tbs
- Chocolate Chips--1 cup - sugar free
- Nuts-- 1/2 cups chopped - your choice- I use two kinds of nuts chopped, for better flavor Chopped Nuts
- Optional- dust with sugar free powdered sugar made from 3/4 cup SPLENDA+
2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 and prep your baking/custard cups/pans for nonstick.
- In a medium bowl, combine together your eggs, vanilla, water, and oil.Set aside
- Meanwhile, place your baking mix in a large mixing bowl. Slowly add that wet ingredients from your first bowl to the mixing bowl. Mix until blended- do not over-mix
- Pour the batter into your baking/custard cups/pan.
- Divide the chocolate chips and nuts evenly among the cakes without stirring them in.
- Allow to bake for 25-30 minutes-- the tops should 'jiggle' somewhat.
- Remove from oven and invert onto individual plates. Dust with optional sugar free powdered sugar.
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 8-10 servings
While you are here, you may enjoy these recipes as well.