For some reason, when I think of Spring, and all of the Spring holidays that come with it, I think of jello.
I’ve never been a big fan of the ‘shot’ but, I love how cute these ‘Jello shots’ are.
Sugar Free Watermelon Jello Shots
You don’t need to add the alcohol and you don’t have to make these specifically watermelon.
There are other choices.
The idea here is that we can make a fun Jello treat that looks cool because we are putting the Jello in rind.
What could be more fun than using a rind of a fruit to hold a delicious treat?
You will need sugar free Jello for this recipe
Some flavors of sugar free Jello may be easier to find than others.
If you can’t find a watermelon flavored gelatin or Jello, there are other flavors that you can try- sugar free jello options.
You can also try an Unflavored Gelatin and add some flavoring to it.
You will need limes, obviously,for this recipe.
If you don’t have limes, why not try another citrus fruit rind such as lime or an orange?
The get the rind away from the fruit:
- Juice the lime (or other fruit)saving the juice for later use if desired.
- Flip the rind inside out to loosen the remaining fruit.
- If necessary, use a spoon to scoop out what remains.
To make the Sugar Free Jello Shot
You will need:
- 1 Package of flavored Sugar Free Gelatin
- The rinds of 15 limes that have been de-fruited and cut into halves.
- Water- 1 cup
- Optional- 1/2-1 cup of tequila or vodka
- Optional- seeds
- Optional- split your water into 1/2 cup of water + 1/2 cup Sugar Free Liquor such as Baja Bob’s Margarita Mix
How to make this:
- Using a small muffin pan, place each rind face up. You can line these with muffin cups or parchment paper first.
- Bring your water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add the gelatin to the boiling water and whisk until the gelatin has fully dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in any optional alcohol that you are adding.
- Pour the mixture into you rinds and allow to cool for 3-4 or until settled.
- Slice each rind in half lengthwise. Add any optional ‘seeds’ and serve.
There are so many fun ways to alter this to any crowd!