Sugar Free Low Carb ‘M & M’ Cookies
A sugar free version of a favorite candy cookies
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- Butter- 2 sticks plus 1 tablespoon softened to room temperature.
- Sugar alternative- granular 1:1 to sugar in volume works best for this recipe. Use the equivalent to 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Eggs- 1.
- Vanilla Extract- 2 1/2 teaspoons.
- Flour AP- 2 1/2 cups.
- Salt- 1 teaspoon.
- Baking Powder-1 teaspoon.
- Baking Soda-1 teaspoon.
- Sugar Free Candy Coated Chocolate- 1 1/2 cups
Preheat your oven to 350 and prep your pan(s) for nonstick. I use parchment paper or a silicon mat.
In a mixing bowl, blend together the butter and the sugar alternative. Add the eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla extract.
In a medium bowl, combine together the flour, salt, baking powder and salt. Slowly pour this mixture into the mixing bowl, mixing between additions.
Now, fold in 1/1 of the candy (3/4 of a cup). You can refrigerate the batter for at least 30 minutes prior to baking. This trick seems to work well with most similar kinds of cookie recipes. If you refrigerate the batter, you can hold off on preheating your oven until you are ready to bake.
When you are ready to bake, scoop the cookies on to the cookie sheet(s). Then press the remaining candy into the cookies allowing them to stick out.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies begin to brown. Allow to cool.
See post for ingredient details