Simple Corn Chowder Soup
An easy and hearty soup that features corn.
Servings: 4 -6 servings
- Onion- 1 small chopped.
- Butter- 1 tablespoon.
- Canned Whole Corn- 1 can 15-16 ounces.
- Canned Cream Corn- 1 can 14-15 ounces.
- Chicken Broth- 4 cups cheat- cups of water + 4 bullion cubes.
- Potatoes- chopped 1 lb can use canned- red, white, or Idaho work well.
- Milk/ Half and Half/Greek Yogurt click here to find out how to use Greek Yogurt.- 2 cups
- Flour AP- 2 tablespoons.
- Seasonings to taste- salt pepper etc.
- Chopped bacon or bacon bits- 1/2 to 1 cup as needed for topping.
See post for directions on how to make this in a slow cooker.
In a large pot over medium heat, cook your chopped onion in the butter until the onion becomes translucent (about 8 minutes).
To the pot, add the corn, broth, and potatoes. Bring this to a boil. Once it boils, turn the heat down and allow to simmer until the potatoes are soft (about 15 minutes).
Stir in the remaining ingredients to the simmering pot and cook for another thirty minutes, stirring as needed.
Season as need prior to serving.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!