There is a lot that you can do with Sugar Free Lemon Curd.
Not only can curd be used with your baked goods, eat can be enjoyed like a jam or jelly.
Sugar Free Lemon Curd
It took me until an established adult age to actually appreciate lemon curd. When I say "established adult age" I mean an age that I could actually see that lemon curd was something to enjoy eating and not something relegated to bridge parties and ladies luncheons.
The fact is that I actually like lemons a lot.
However, I also like adding lemons to my recipes. Thus, lemon curd is something that I now embrace.
Lemon curd really is not that hard to make.
You will need grated lemon zest and lemon juice to make it. Using a fresh lemon is preferred. However, you can find lemon zest and lemon juice online. Just be sure to opt for products that do not have sugar added to them.
Here are some recipes that you may enjoy your curd with.
Keep up to date with my recipes
You can check out my guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon
I have some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one.
The recipe for Sugar Free Lemon Curd
What you will need to make this Sugar Free Lemon Curd
- Lemon Juice- ½ cup. Fresh is preferred. Also, no sugar added as well.
- Lemon Zest- 2 ½ teaspoons grated.
- Sugar Alternative- Equivalent to ½ cup of sugar. I use granular. However, a liquid form may work in this recipe as volume is not as big as a factor.
- Eggs- 3/
- Butter- 6 tablespoons cut into cubes. Butter should be at room temperature.
How to make Sugar Free Lemon Curd
- Use a small sauce pan on low heat.
- Add the first four ingredients to the saucepan and stir together.
- When blended, switch to a whisk and whisk in the butter. Whisk the ingredients often to prevent burning.
- When the curd seems to thicken enough to stick to a spoon, remove the pan from the stove. The curd should be creamy at this point.This will be about 5-6 minutes after adding the butter.
- Transfer the curd to a glass bowl or similar container (non metal) and allow to chill for at least an hour. Use this curd within a week after making it.
Sugar Free Lemon Curd
- Use a small sauce pan on low heat
- Add the first four ingredients to the saucepan and stir together
- When blended, switch to a whisk and whisk in the butter
- When the curd seems to thicken enough to stick to a spoon, remove the pan from the stove.
- Transfer the curd to a glass bowl and allow to chill for at least an hour.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!