I wondered if there is a way to make Sugar Free Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream.
It could be because I love ice cream a bit too much.
Sugar Free Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream
Green Tea is a popular beverage at the moment.
This could be because there are a lot of experts who tell us that there are quite a few benefits related to drinking green tea.
It is also an alternative to drinking a sugared soda as well.
Green tea is associated with many positive nutrients including antioxidants.
Drinking this tea may help quench your thirst however, it may also help your brain focus and help control blood sugar.
This, because of this reasons and many more, we drink green tea.
Making a tasty ice cream out of this tea just seems like a good idea to me.
We will use a no-churn method of making this ice cream. You will need Matcha Green Tea Powder as part of this recipe.
Matcha Green Tea Powder can be found online.
You will also need a loaf pan for this recipe as well as an ice cream maker.
Here are some similar recipes that you may also like.
- Sugar Free Vanilla Ice Cream
- Homemade Sugar Free Chocolate Ice Cream
- How to make a Sugar Free Shamrock Shake
Keep up to date with my recipes
You can check out my guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon
I have some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one.
The recipe for Sugar Free Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream
What you will need to make this
Obviously, you will need Matcha Green Tea Powder- which can be found online. Also, substitutions that you use have an effect on the consistency of your ice cream. Also, the amounts of substituted ingredients should total the recipe amount for what they are being substituted for.
- Matcha Green Tea Powder- 1 to 2 tablespoons. The amount you use depends on how much you enjoy this tea. Some folks like this tea while other really love it. Make sure that the lumps have been removed before using this.
- Whole Milk- 1 cup. Alternatives could alter the consistency of the ice cream. However, you can use a half and half or nut-based milk with some fat (avocados can work).
- Heavy Whipping Cream- 1 cup. Can sub in a nut milk with a bit of oil or Greek Yogurt thinned out with a bit of milk added to it.
- Sugar Alternative- equivalent to ¾ cup of sugar. Granular is preferred in this recipe.
- Eggs- 2 whole plus one yolk.
- Vanilla Extract- 1 teaspoon.
How to make Sugar Free Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the green tea powder and the milk. The powder should be well blended into the milk.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan on medium heat ans stir in the cream. If you start to see bubbling, turn the head down to a low-medium heat. Heat this for about 4-5 minutes to get it warm- stirring to prevent boiling etc.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs and the the sugar alternative in a heat proof bowl. We will be making this recipe kind of like a custard. Once the egg mixture has been whisked, slowly add ⅓rd of the mixture from the sauce pan to the egg mixture, stir this and then repeat until the entire contents from the sauce pan have been added to the bowl. Then, stir in the vanilla extract.
Continue using these instructions.
- Pour this mixture back into the sauce pan and cook for another 3-4 minutes on low, stirring to prevent bubbling and cooking the eggs .
- Remove the mixture from the heat and allow to cool, stirring occasionally. It should take about 15-20 minutes to cool enough to be able to place the mixture into the refrigerator for further cooling.
- Use this in your ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions.
Sugar Free Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream
- Whisk together the green tea powder and the milk.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan on medium heat and stir in the cream- 4-5 minutes.
- Whisk together the eggs and the the sugar alternative
- Add ⅓rd of the mixture from the sauce pan to the egg mixture mix, and repeat until all has been added. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture back into pan and cook for another 3-4 minutes on low.
- Allow to cool at room temperature and then refrigerate for up to 5 hours.
- Follow manufacturers instructions on ice cream maker to finish.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!