This Sugar Free Avocado Mug Cake is a good one when you just want to enjoy a cake for one
Sugar Free Avocado Mug Cake
I'm a sucker for avocados.
I like avocados in my salads. I like avocados in my wraps and sandwiches. And I love avocados, ala guacamole, on my chips.
Avocados have some good nutrient in them.
They are a good source of Vitamin C. Avocados also have a good amount of fiber.
They are said to be high in the 'healthy fats' as well as being a good source of Potassium.
Avocados also have folate, Vitamin B-6, and Vitamin K.By the way, Avocados are a fruit that many of us like to grow indoors.
I like that there are a variety of ways in which to use an avocado.
Sure, you can eat them as is, peeled, in your favorite salad. Maybe, you prefer to add a few ingredients to the bowl and make some guacamole. You probably have attempted to cook with them too.
In this recipe, I am making a cake with an avocado.
The cake is a mug cake. Mug cakes are the perfect answer to a enjoying freshly made one serving cake. I think that is because they are also quick and easy to make.
What you will need for this recipe
Besides the obvious avocado, the most important item that you will need is a microwave safe mug.
Be sure to check to make sure that you mug is safe for microwave use before attempting to make this recipe. An 8-12 ounce mug works best as well.
The Recipe for The Sugar Free Avocado Mug Cake
This is an egg-free recipe.
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons (equivalent) of sugar alternative such as Splenda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Mashed avocado 1 tablespoon
- Oil- such as vegetable oil 2 teaspoons
- Milk or Greek Yogurt 3 tablespoons
- Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
How to make this:
- Add your dry ingredients to your mug and blend together with a fork.
- Stir in your avocado.
- Add your remaining ingredients and mix until blended without over mixing.
- Microwave for 90 seconds on high
- Allow to cool a while before eating.
While you are here, you may enjoy these recipes that are most of all, yummy too!