I feel like I am cheating when I think about a Sugar Free Avocado Mug Cake.
While technically it is a cake, it is made with avocado and no added sugar in it.
Sugar Free Avocado Mug Cake
Avocados are the healthy fat that the experts seem to like.
That makes me happy as I am a fan of the avocado. Avocados taste really good alone or in recipes.
Thankfully, avocados have some good nutrient in them.
They are a good source of Vitamin C. Avocados also have a good amount of fiber.
Avocados also have folate, Vitamin B-6, and Vitamin K.By the way, Avocados are a fruit that many of us like to grow indoors.
Avocados can add more than just taste to a recipe.
In a recipe, such as this one, adding an avocado means that we are adding a fat, that is a good one. This fat is responsible for a more luscious cake texture that few other fats can add to a sugar free cake.
In this recipe, I am making a cake, for one, with an avocado.
The cake is a mug cake. Mug cakes are the perfect answer to a enjoying freshly made one serving cake. Thus, this is a great cake for one. However, you could easily double this up and make it for two as well.
What you will need for this recipe
Besides the obvious avocado, the most important item that you will need is a microwave safe mug. Also, an 8-12 ounce mug works best as well. You can find microwave safe mugs easily online.
Keep up with this and other similar recipes with ease.
You can check out my guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon
I have some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one.
The Recipe for The Sugar Free Avocado Mug Cake
This is an egg-free recipe. You can top your mug cake with a bit of sugar free powdered sugar. By the way, I also have a great Sugar Free Chocolate Espresso Mug Cake Recipe as well as a Sugar Free 3 Minute Lemon Mug Cake recipe.
What you will need to make this Sugar Free Avocado Mug Cake
- All purpose flour-- 3 tablespoons (make this low carb!low carb Carbalose or a gluten free flour.
- Sugar Alternative- granular works best. 3 tablespoons equivalent to sugar.
- Baking Powder-1/4 tsp
- Mashed avocado- 1 tablespoon
- Oil- such as vegetable oil 2 teaspoons
- Milk or Greek Yogurt -3 tablespoons
- Vanilla Extract- 1 tsp
How to make Sugar Free Avocado Mug Cake
- Prep your microwave safe mug with a bit of nonstick spray or similar product.
- Add your dry ingredients to the mug and then blend together with a fork.
- Next, using your fork, stir in your avocado.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until blended without over mixing.
- Microwave for 90 seconds on high- rotating the mug half way through.
- The cake should be somewhat hard with a bit of browning possible. This may take an extra minute to show as baking in a microwaving tends to not stop exactly when the microwave stops. Allow to cool a while before eating.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream if desired.