There are not many ingredient lists that are as short as the one for this 3 Ingredient Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies.
I like that this easy sugar free recipe is friendly to keto, low carb, and gluten free diets!
3 Ingredient Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies
This is a simple cookie recipe that has just three ingredients!
I should also mention that this is a flourless recipe which also tastes amazing (especially if you are a fan of peanut butter like I am!).
Did you try my Keto No Bake Chocolate Cookies?
That is another great tasting cookie that is easy to make.
Both this 3 ingredient peanut butter cookie and that keto no bake chocolate cookie would go great together!
To make this recipe you will need a sugar free or keto friendly peanut butter. You can find a great selection of peanut butter with no added sugar here.
This recipe is for anyone asking are sugar free cookies really sugar free.
I always answer a question such as this one by telling people that the recipe is only as sugar free as the ingredients that you put into it. That is, as long as you are using peanut butter with no added sugar and not adding any thing else that has or is sugar, then this should be a sugar free recipe.
Read the ingredient list if you are unsure.
Also, keep in mind that when you bake your own cookies, you have control over what goes into them.
This is why I like to bake my own sugar free cookies rather than purchasing them.
I know everything that goes into my cookies, including the sugar, when I bake them myself.
Have you ever wondered why do you put fork marks on peanut butter cookies?
Yes, those crisscrossed lines on top of most any peanut butter cookie is made using a fork.
You simply take the fork and press it into the cookie, going in two directions, before baking the cookies.
There may be a couple of reasons why these fork marks are added to the cookies.
The crisscrossed markings on top of the cookies helps quickly identify the cookies as peanut butter cookies, which can be an important thing.
There are also some folks who believe that the marks help the peanut butter cookie bake more evenly.
Here are some tips for making peanut butter cookies.
Yes, this cookie features peanut butter. However, you could always try making this cookie using another nut butter such as cashew butter (you may need to make a few adjustments or add an extra egg).
More helpful tips for you.
- Using a granular sugar alternative that measurers 1:1 with sugar is essential to the success of this cookie. Feel free to sprinkle a bit of extra granular sugar alternative on top of the cookies to make.
- If you find that the fork is sticking to the dough when you are making your design on top of the cookies, there is a fix. Simply spray the fork with a bit of nonstick.
- It may be hard to tell that the cookies are done baking just by looking at them thanks to the color of the cookie. Check the bottom edges of the cookies for a golden color if in doubt.
How to store peanut butter cookies.
These cookies should be stored in an airtight container.
If properly stored, they should keep for about a week.
I have not tried this but, you can try freezing these cookies.
Here are some similar recipes that you may also like.
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chunk Mug Cake
- Low Carb Keto Tiramisu in a Jar
- Sugar Free Greek Yogurt Frosting
- Keto Chocolate Covered Coconut Candy
- Sugar Free Biscotti Recipe
- Keto Edible Cookie Dough
- Sugar Free Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- Keto Sugar Free Blond Brownies
- Sugar Free Keto White Chocolate Fudge
Keep up to date with my recipes
You can check out my guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon
I have some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one.
The recipe for 3 Ingredient Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies
As mentioned, you will need peanut butter with as little sugar in it as possible.
You can find my recipe to make your own sugar free peanut butter here. It is an easy recipe for peanut butter as well.
However you could also use store bought peanut butter to make your peanut butter cookies.
Look for the peanut butter with the least amount of sugar in it. Organic peanut butter is often made without a bunch of sugar added to it. Look for sugar free peanut butter online.
Ingredients needed to make 3 Ingredient Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter- 1 cup. Sugar free homemade or organic.
- Sugar Alternative- 1 cup equivalent to sugar. For best results, use a sugar alternative that measures 1:1 with sugar and is at room temperature. Splenda for baking is one example of this kind of a sugar alternative.
- Egg- 1.
Here is how to make 3 ingredient Keto Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and prep your cookie sheet for nonstick. I like to use parchment paper for a recipe such as this one.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine together the peanut butter, sugar alternative and egg. Mix these ingredients until just combined..
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, drop spoonfuls of cookie dough on to the prepped baking sheet. Leave at least ½" between cookie edges for spreading.
- Bake your cookies for 8-10 minutes or until appear set. Do not over-bake. These cookies are better when not burnt. Allow the cookies to sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a cookie rack.
The Recipe Card for 3 Ingredient Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies
3 Ingredient Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 325 and prep your cookie pans/sheets for nonstick. I like to use parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the peanut butter, sugar alternative and egg. Mix until blended.
- Using a tablespoon, drop spoonfuls of cookie batter on to the prepped baking sheet. Leave at least ½" between cookie edges.Bake your cookies for 8-10 minutes. Do not over-bake. These cookies are better when not burnt.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to make this recipe, please stop back and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, if you have any tips or tweaks to the recipe to share, please do so in the comment section below. My readers like to stop by periodically for updates on the recipes. Reading the comments below is helpful to these readers and hopefully to you too!!
Looking for a recipe that is not on my site?
Please let me know and I will will on getting that recipe for you.
Happy baking, eating, and enjoying life!
You can see items that have been featured on my Sugar Free Sunday Spotlight here.
updated 6/3/19, 2/22