3 Ingredient Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies
Every time that I think of peanut butter cookies, I think about a girl that I knew years ago.
This girl loved peanut butter so much that she would eat it at every meal. While that may seem like peanut butter overkill to some of us, it was a way of life for her. She really loved her peanut butter more than any of us could probably imagine.
There really are a lot of great recipes that we can use our peanut butter for.
A while back I shared the directions on how to make your own peanut butter. I make my own peanut butter because I do not like all of the sugar and other ingredients that manufacturers often put into their peanut butter. I really am someone who enjoys who wants to appreciate the taste of the peanuts.
Also, when I add peanut butter to recipes, I want to control the amount of ingredients that I add.
Sugar, or in this case, sugar free alternative, is one ingredient that I want to have control over. I want to have the perfect balance of sweet and peanut in this recipe as well.
There are three ingredients that you will use in this recipe.
Obviously, one of those three ingredients is peanut butter. While you may want to make your own peanut butter, you could also use one that you have purchased. For example, you may want to use an organic peanut butter (which you can find on Amazon). Amazon also has natural peanut butter as well as sugar free varieties.
You also need to use a sugar alternative.
My preference for a sugar alternative in this recipe would be Splenda. That is because texture and consistency could be dependent on the quantity of ingredients that we add to this as there are only three. However, you are welcome to use the sugar alternative of your choice. As a result, you may not achieve the same texture although your cookie may still taste good.
The recipe for 3 Ingredient Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies
Here is what you will need to make this recipe.
I guess that I should say, the three ingredients that you will need to make these cookies.
- Peanut Butter- 1 cup
- Sugar Alternative- 1 cup equivalent to sugar
- Egg- 1
Here is how to make these cookies.
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prep your cookie pans/sheets for nonstick. I like to use parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine together you ingredients. Add the peanut butter, the sugar alternative, and the egg to the mixing bowl and mix together until smooth.
- Using a tablespoon, drop spoonfuls of cookie batter on to the prepped baking sheet. Leave at least 1/2" between cookie edges.
- Bake your cookies for 6-8 minutes. Do not over-bake. These cookies are better when not burnt.