258 2 725 1
No sugar added oatmeal and raisin cookies can be thought of as a more ‘healthy’ cookie.
Oatmeal and raisins are a perfect couple ans both seem to have their benefits for us.
No sugar added oatmeal and raisin cookies.
Sometimes you just need a break from the usual chocolate chip cookie.
At least, I know that sometimes I need to take a break. And, when I do take a break from the almighty chocolate chip cookie, I often do go for the oatmeal variety.
When I like about raisins is that they are a fruit in a box.
You can pack a box of raisins to take with you just about anywhere. I certainly would know as my mother packed boxes of raisins for me all the time when I was a kid. As a result, I am pretty sure that for the longest time, I was sure that raisins were really some kind of a candy. You never know.
I love that there is oatmeal in this recipe.
Unlike many recipes that have oatmeal in them, you can use either the quick oatmeal or the old fashion variety of oats. Also, they do not have to be cooked prior to making the cookies. It is of course, the oats that make these cookies so chewy- am I right?
If you are a fan of oatmeal, I also have a few other recipes that you may like.
I have a low sugar whole wheat oatmeal cookie, which is similar to this one. I also have sugar free no-bake oatmeal peanut butter bar recipe. I like to make the no-bake bars and freeze them away for quickie take with snacks during the summer. And, if you are looking for some nifty looking cookie jars at great prices, be sure to check these out. I actually saw a cookie monster jar.
The recipe for No sugar added oatmeal and raisin cookies
What you will need to make this recipe.
- Sugar Alternative (granular works best)- Equivalent to 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Butter- 2 sticks softened (can sub in 1/2 cup shortening or similar substitute for 1 stick .)
- Flour- 1 cup all purpose (Make this with Gluten Free flour)
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder- 1/2 tsp.
- Baking Soda- 1 tsp
- Unsweetened Ground Cinnamon- 1 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Extract- 1 tsp.
- Eggs- 2.
- Oats (Old Fashion or Quick (not instant))- 3 cups.
- Raisins- 1 1/4 cups.
How to make these cookies.
- Preheat your oven to 375. Prep a pan for nonstick- I use parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, creme together your sugar alternative and butter. Set this bowl aside.
- Now in another bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the first bowl with the butter. Add the vanilla extract and eggs one at a time. Mix these gently (not fully).
- Stir in the oats and raisins until everything is blended.
- Bake this for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies begin to brown on the edges. Remove from oven and allow to site on the pan for a couple of minutes.