Sugar Free Sugar Cookie Bars are like sugar cookies baked in a pan but, without the added sugar.
Frosted with a simple no added sugar frosting, these cookie bars are soft and chewy with a sweet flavor that is enhanced with a hint of butter.
Frosted Cookie Bars with no added sugar.
I like to think of this recipe as great tasting cookies in a bar form topped with frosting and sprinkles.
If you are a fan of soft, chewy and buttery sweet cookies you will probably like this version in bar form.
Did you try my recipe for Sugar Free Vanilla Sheet Cake?
That sheet cake recipe is made with cake flour and is baked in a rimmed sheet pan. Both this recipe for cookie bars and that recipe for sheet cake are delicious frosted dessert ideas that have no added sugar.
What you will read about in this recipe.
- Frosted Cookie Bars with no added sugar.
- Why we love this recipe for cookie bars.
- What you will need to make cookie bars with no added sugar.
- Tips for making the best sugar cookie bars.
- How to make Sugar Free Sugar Cookie Bars
- How to store these dessert bars.
- Print the recipe for Sugar Free Sugar Cookie Bars
Why we love this recipe for cookie bars.
Cookies that are baked in bar form are perfect for cutting into equal servings. I especially like that these cookie bars can be decorated for a birthday or holiday before being cut into servings .
Here is what else we like about this recipe.
- This is really a simple recipe for making dessert bars.
- Instead of taking the time to scoop cookie dough onto baking sheets, the cookie dough can be spread on to one large baking sheet before baking.
- Cookie bars are perfect for sharing at parties, gatherings, or tailgates.
- These cookie bars can be served as is without the frosting and they are still tasty!
- Cookie bars can be decorated and served for holidays.
- This recipe can be made in about a half hour!
What you will need to make cookie bars with no added sugar.
This is a simple cookie dough made into a dessert bar recipe. There is no added dough chilling or setting involved in this recipe.
Ingredients needed to make sugar free cookie bars.
- Butter. Use 'real' butter for that buttery goodness. If you are using unsalted butter (recommended), add a teaspoon of salt yo your flour.
- Sugar Alternative. Select a granular sugar alternative that measures like sugar and that can also be baked with.
- Eggs. Your eggs should be at room temperature.
- Vanilla Extract. For flavor balance. Feel free to use another extract flavor such as lemon extract.
- Baking Soda. The leavening agent used in this recipe.
- Flour. All purpose flour was used to make my bars. If you use an alternative flour, select one that measures and baked like all purpose for best results.
- Sugar Free Frosting. You can purchase ready made frosting here or follow one of my recipes for sugar free frosting recipes.
- Sugar Free Sprinkles Yes, these do exist!.
Equipment needed to make cookie bars.
- Mixing Bowl
- Rimmed baking sheet or baking pan . My bars were made in a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Measuring cups and spoons.
Tips for making the best sugar cookie bars.
For that buttery flavor and moist texture, it is best to use real butter rather than an alternative. Make sure that your butter is soft as well for better blending.
More helpful tips for you.
- Use a smaller sized rimmed baking sheet for chunkier cookie bars or a larger less shallow sheet for smaller and more bars.
- Lining the pan with parchment paper will make for an easier clean up. It will also make it easier to simple lift the baked cookie bars from the pan for slicing into servings.
- Add sprinkles to your cookie batter in addition to the frosting. This will make your bars look more fun.
- 'Jimmy' style sprinkles work best if you are adding the sprinkles to your batter. Other kinds of sprinkles tend to melt faster and bleed into the cookie bars.
- If you are using store bought frosting use a 'whipped' frosting or whip your frosting before topping your cookie bars. This will make it easier to spread.
- Refrigerating the baked bars before slicing will help make it easier to slice. 15 minutes is all you will probably need to refrigerate the bars for.
How to make Sugar Free Sugar Cookie Bars
Prep Time- 15 minutes. .
Bake Time 15 minutes. .
Servings 16 bars, depending on how they are cut .
For detailed instructions, refer to the printable recipe card below.
- Preheat your oven and prep you baking pan.
- Combine together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Beat together the butter and alternative until creamy. Then add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl.
- Transfer the ingredients to your prepared pan or sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown
- Allow the bars to cool to room temperature before frosting (depending on the pan you used, this can take up to an hour).
- Frost and sprinkle your cookie bars before slicing and serving.
Expert Tip 👉 If you not sure whether or not your cookies are done baking, you can do the toothpick test for doneness.
How to store these dessert bars.
Once the cookie bars have fully cooled they should be stored in an airtight container. If you are storing the bars in layers, use parchment paper between the layers. If properly stored, these cookie bars should keep for up to five days in a refrigerator, frozen for up to a few months, or a couple of days at room temperature.
You may also be interested in these sugar free recipes.
- Sugar Free Sprinkle Cookies
- Sugar Free Cake Mix Brownies - 4 Ingredients
- Sugar Free Crockpot Candy
- Sugar Free Cake Mix Red Velvet Cookies
- Sugar Free Sugar Cookies
- Sugar Free Kitchen Sink Cookies
Print the recipe for Sugar Free Sugar Cookie Bars
Sugar Free Sugar Cookie Bars
- Preheat your oven to 375 and prep you baking pan or sheet. I like to use parchment paper for a recipe such as this one.
- Combine together the dry ingredients ( flour and baking soda) in a medium bowl using a whisk. Set this bowl aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat together the butter and alternative until creamy (about 2 minutes) using a paddle attachment. Then add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix until the ingredients are just combined.
- Transfer the ingredients to your prepared pan or sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown (baking time will vary depending on the size pan used) and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the bars to cool to room temperature before frosting (depending on the pan you used, this can take up to an hour). Frost and sprinkle your cookie bars before slicing and serving.
Also, please see the actual recipe post for further details on this recipe. Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. Note that the frosting that you use is not included in the nutritional information listed here. See thesugarfreediva.com for details on this recipe.
most recently updated:February 8, 2024
*About Sugar Alternatives
Specific sugar alternatives are not given in the recipes presented on this site. Only suggestions are given as to the 'kind' of alternative to use. It is up to you to select the alternative to use that suits your needs best. If the recipe is heated or cooked, it is best to use an alternative that can be heated or cooked with for best results. This site does not endorse any specific ingredients,
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Sugar Free Sugar Cookie Bars, a delicious and easy recipe for soft and chewy frosted dessert bars made with no added sugar.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.