3 Ingredient Sugar Free Chocolate Bark
It’s crunchy and chocolaty. That could be why we love this treat.
And, it’s so easy to make!
When I am in a pinch to make something to share with others, I like to make this.
Making any kind of a bark candy is easy and fun to do. When you break up the bark into individual pieces, it make it even more enjoyable.
I like to add dimension to my recipe.
When you add some chopped nuts to it, the candy looks even more interesting. It also adds something to the taste as well.
There are three simple ingredients in this recipe.
Sugar free chocolate chips are the main ingredient. You can find a good supply of sugar free chocolate chips on Amazon.
You will also need a flavoring.
Since we are not adding sugar, we should add a flavor to take it’s place. Vanilla extract (or any extract of your choice) is how we will do this.
My favorite way to appreciate chocolate bark is with some nuts.
I love nuts- any kind of nut really. Nuts are healthy for us and they add no sugar. As I have mentioned, the nuts also add a bit of texture and thus, makes this look more interesting.
Other great options to add to bark include dried fruit, such as raisins or cranberries. While these fruit options do add natural sugar, hence they will not be sugar free. Therefore, the choice is up to you.
Why not try some different kind of toppings?
I know people who will crush up popcorn, sugar free cookies or even cereal to top their bark with. Oatmeal would be a good option as well.
The Basic Sugar Free Bark Recipe
What you will need (ingredients)
- 16 ounces of chocolate sugar free or no sugar added. Can be dark chocolate, bittersweet,semisweet or a combination adding up to 16 ounces total.
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla or other extract of your choice.
- Chopped nuts or other additional item of your choice (see above). Total 1 1/2 cups can mix.
How to make it
- Prep a baking pan for nonstick- I use parchment paper.
- Use a double boiler or simply a pot of boiling water with another pot or bowl over it to melt your chocolate, stirring as needed. You can even use a microwave safe bowl to melt the chocolate instead in a microwave.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto your prepped baking pan, allowing the chocolate to spread evenly.
- Add your nuts (or other ingredients) and press them in to cover with chocolate. If a topping is desired, simply sprinkle this on top.
- Refrigerate for 2 -2 1/2 hours in order to harden.
- Break your bark into pieces and enjoy.
While you are here, you may also enjoy these most noteworthy and especially relevant recipes.