This Sugar Free Orange Buttercream Frosting is actually very easy to make.
I like that it has the 'secret ingredient' of Jello too!
Sugar Free Orange Buttercream Frosting
You might be wondering right now when you would ever need a recipe for orange buttercream frosting.
You may one day have to bake a cake for a fan of the color orange and this frosting recipe may be perfect for that cake.
However, there are other reasons to make orange buttercream frosting.
Obviously, Halloween would be one of those reasons. But, try not to forget that there are plenty of sports teams that favor the color orange as well. I live in one of those areas of the country too (high school, college, and professional here!).
There is a specific ingredient that you will need for this recipe.
Sugar Free Orange Jello is one of those ingredients. While you can get away with using a small box (.3 ounce), for better flavor, opt for the larger (.6 ounce) if you want a bolder flavor and color.
Here are some similar recipes that you may also like.
- Sugar Free Yellow Cake Recipe
- Also, Sugar Free Sponge Cake Recipe.
- And, (basic) Sugar Free Buttercream Frosting.
Keep up to date with my recipes
You can check out my guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon
I have some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one.
The recipe for Sugar Free Orange Buttercream Frosting
What you will need to make this Sugar Free Orange Buttercream Frosting
- Sugar Free Orange Jello- 1 Box (either size).
- Sugar Free Powdered Sugar- 2 ½ cups equivalent to regular powdered sugar. You can make it yourself using this recipe or simply buy sugar free confectioners sugar online.
- Butter- 2 sticks softened to room temperature (that is one cup).
- Milk, Cream, Whipping Cream or similar dairy- 1-2 tablespoons depending on desired texture of frosting.
How to make Sugar Free Orange Buttercream Frosting
- Use a paddle attachment on your mixer. Also, a standing mixer is preferred.
- In your mixing bowl, blend together your Jello and your powdered sugar alternative (you can do this by hand). Then add the butter to the bowl and set the mixer on low. Mix this for one minute and then increase the speed to medium for another three minutes.
- Add the liquid ingredient (milk etc) to the bowl and continue to mix for another minute or until you reach your desired consistency.
- Refrigerate this frosting.
Sugar Free Orange Buttercream Frosting
- In a mixing bowl, blend together the Jello and your powdered sugar alternative .
- Add the butter to the bowl and set the mixer on low. Mix this for one minute and then increase the speed to medium for another three minutes.
- Add the milk to the bowl and continue to mix for another minute or until you reach your desired consistency.
*About Sugar Alternatives
Specific sugar alternatives are not given in the recipes presented on this site. Only suggestions are given as to the 'kind' of alternative to use. It is up to you to select the alternative to use that suits your needs best. If the recipe is heated or cooked, it is best to use an alternative that can be heated or cooked with for best results. This site does not endorse any specific ingredients,
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!