102 1 23.9K
Since this Sugar Free Buttercream Frosting recipe was first published it had become very popular.
I like that it is even possible to make to be honest with you. However, this is not a hard frosting to make.
Sugar Free Buttercream Frosting
This could be the most popular kind of frosting out there.
That is because there it is not only tasty, it is also easy to match with flavors of cake and cupcakes. Thus, there are a lot of uses for this frosting.
This is a great frosting for just about any flavor of cake.
I like that I can use this frosting with a chocolate or white cake. It also tastes great with red velvet (think Valentine’s Day!). However, this frosting would probably work with just about any cake.
Making this recipe sugar free makes it even better.
Here are some cake recipes that you can make to use with your frosting.
Keep up to date with my recipes
You can check out my guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon
I have some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one.
The recipe for Sugar Free Buttercream Frosting
Much as I like to make my own sugar free powdered sugar, you could buy your own as well.
What you will need to make this Sugar Free Buttercream Frosting
- Sugar Free Powdered Sugar- 3 cups. You can make this yourself using this recipe or buy sugar free powdered sugar online here.
- Butter- 2 sticks (1 cup) softened to room temperature.
- Milk, Cream, Whipping Cream, or similar dairy- 1 tablespoon (can use up to 2 tablspoons if you want a more fluid frosting to work with).
- Vanilla Extract- 2 teaspoons.
How to make Sugar Free Buttercream Frosting
- I recommend using standing mixer if you have one. Also, fit the mixer with a whisk attachment.
- Cream together the sugar free powdered sugar and the butter by mixing on low for one minute. Once these appear to be somewhat blended you can increase the speed to medium to get a more whipped texture. It should take about 2 1/2- 3 minutes to get a good texture.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl by hand and then add the milk (or alternative)and the vanilla. Start with 1 tablespoon of the milk and add more as needed. Finally, continue to mix on medium for 1- 1 1/2 minutes or until you get that desired consistency.
- This frosting works great in a decorating tool or with tips!
102 1 23.9K