210 6 163.9K 1
Stevia Cream Cheese Frosting
Stevia is one of the most powerful sweetener choices around.
If you have read my Sugar Free Baking Guide, then you already know that Stevia is the one sugar alternative both a high intensity sweetener and also natural. As a result it is a popular choice for many of us.
However, because Stevia is a high intensity sweetener, less of it is needed than other sweeteners to achieve the same level of sweetness.
This means that to use Stevia in many recipes, you will need less of it to make it sweet. As a result, many manufacturers will add other ingredients to the Stevia to make it a volume equivalent to sugar. While this is not a big deal in this recipe, it could affect other recipes especially those that are baked. As I have mentioned, you can read more about this in my Sugar Free Baking Guide.
Stevia is a natural sweetener which is one huge reason why it is popular.
It is available in both liquid and dry forms. I prefer to use the dry Stevia in a recipe such as this one because it is easier to control the amount that is used. Also, when choosing your product, please read the label to assure that it is not packed with other ingredients such as sugar.
I also have other frosting recipes that you may be interested in as well..
- Sugar Free Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
- 4 Ingredient Sugar Free Vanilla Frosting
- 5 Ingredient Sugar Free Cream Cheese Frosting.
Keep up to date with my recipes
You can check out my guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon
I have some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one.
Cream cheese frosting is a popular frosting to make.
Probably the most popular cake to frost with a cream cheese based frosting would be carrot cake such as this sugar free one. However, a cream cheese frosting can be used for many other cakes and cupcakes as well.
The recipe for Stevia Cream Cheese Frosting
This recipe was originally made using Greek Yogurt. However, you are welcome to use a different dairy such as milk. Hence, there are many ways to alter the taste of this.
What you will need to make this Stevia Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream Cheese- 8 ounce package softened – can be low fat
- Butter- 1/4 cup softened to room temperature.
- Greek Yogurt, Milk, Buttercream or similar dairy- 1-2 tablespoons.
- Stevia – Granular pure Stevia is preferred. We will start at 1 tsp and add additional as needed .
- Vanilla Extract- 1 tsp- (this is optional if your yogurt is flavored.
How to make Stevia Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a mixing bowl or by hand, cream together your cream cheese and butter.
- Switch to a whisk or a whisk attachment on your mixer. Then add 1 tablespoon of your dairy (Greek Yogurt or alternative).
- Next, add 1 teaspoon of the Stevia and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Whip the frosting for about a minute on medium.
- Test the frosting for sweetness. If additional Stevia is needed, add only a small amount as this will go a long way. Also, if the frosting appears to be too thick for your needs, you can add an additional dairy (no more than a tablespoon at a time).If you are looking for a thicker frosting and this becomes difficult to whip, you can switch from the whisk to a paddle.
210 6 163.9K 1