Add this 5 Ingredient Sugar Free Cream Cheese Frosting to the list of frostings and icings that are on this site.
This recipe is one that you will find to be easy to make.
5 Ingredient Sugar Free Cream Cheese Frosting
As I mentioned above, this is one of many frostings and icings that I have provided recipes for on this site.
It is not often that those of us enjoying a sugar free lifestyle get a lot of options. Gratefully, there are options for us that you may not even know about. Thus, we can easily enjoy a yummy baked good with something on top of it.
You could easily buy sugar free frosting.
This frosting would be a good convenience item to purchase if you like to bake but, do not have all the time in world to do so. You can find sugar free frosting online as it may not be available in the stores where you live.
It is not uncommon for someone to use the terms "icing" and "frosting" interchangeably.
Are you one of those people who has done this in the past? I know that I probably have. However, there is a difference between icing and frosting.
Frosting is a thicker, fluffier way to top our baked goodies.
We really like to frost, or add a frosting top, to cakes as frosting on a cookie can get a bit messy to eat. However, icing is usually a thinner topping that we may add. We use icing a lot as a decorative addition rather than adding a frosting layer. I have posted a sugar free royal icing made with Stevia and how to make sugar free royal icing with splenda. As far as frosting recipes go, here is a recipe for a pudding and cream cheese frosting, Stevia cream cheese frosting, and sugar free chocolate buttercream frosting.
How to make 5 Ingredient Sugar Free Cream Cheese Frosting
Cream cheese frosting is a pretty popular frosting to make. We most notably, at least in my house, put it on our carrot cake or cupcakes. The bitterness of the cream cheese offers the perfect balance to the sweetness of the 'sugar' in this frosting. However, this works especially well with a cake that is not overly sweet or strong in flavor.
What you will need to make this (those magic "5" ingredients.
- Butter- 1 stick softened.
- Cream Cheese (can sub in lite alternative)- 1 8 ounce package softened.
- Granular Sucralose Sweetener such as Splenda- 4 cups. (Don't like Splenda? Go here to see other alternatives.
- Cornstarch- 6 tablespoons (omit if using another sugar free alternative and use what is in that recipe.).
- Vanilla Extract- 2 teaspoons (have fun with this my alternating in a different flavor if desired).
How to make this frosting.
- Sift together the sugar alternative and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Set this aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter. It should take a few minutes until this mixture reaches a desired creamy texture. Hence, using a stand mixer is desired.
- When your cream cheese and butter have reached that desired creamy texture, slowly mix in the vanilla and the contents of the first bowl by hand. I like to add half of the sugar alternative/cornstarch at a time, stirring between additions.
- When this frosting reaches a spreadable texture that you need, then it is ready to use. Refrigerate this frosting if not using immediately and allow it to become soft when you are ready to use it. Also, this is perishable. Thus, items with this frosting on them should be refrigerated as well.