(**As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.)See The Recipe- (warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips.)
Sugar Free Carrot Cake is a recipe that I get asked about quite often.
It is also one of my favorite cakes.
Sugar Free Carrot Cake
I get a lot of requests for a sugar free recipe for carrot cake.
I seem to have quite a few recipes which have carrots in them. However, I did not have one for a basic carrot cake.
Technically, you could say that this is a healthier cake than most.
That is because there are carrots in this cake and carrots are a vegetable with nutrients in it.
But, carrots also offer our cake some color as well as a sweet taste.
Like many other carrot cake recipes out there, this one calls for chopped nuts.
While you could use chopped walnuts, chopped pecans are a good nut option as well. We will be using a brown sugar alternative as well- which you you can buy online.
Here are some related recipes that you may also like.
- Stevia Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe.
- 5 Ingredient Sugar Free Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Sugar Free Carrot (Cake) Muffins.
Keep up to date with my recipes
You can check out my guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon
I have some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one.
The recipe for Sugar Free Carrot Cake
What you will need to make this Sugar Free Carrot Cake
- Baking Soda- 2 teaspoons
- Baking Powder-2 teaspoons
- Flour- 2 cups. Make this recipe gluten free by using gluten free flour instead of regular flour. Or, you can make this recipe low carb by using low carb Carbalose flour.
- Ground Cinnamon- 2 teaspoons.
- Salt- 1 teaspoon
- Eggs- 4
- Oil- 1 ½ cups (vegetable or similar).
- Sugar (white) Alternative- 1 ½ cups equivalent to sugar- granulated.
- Brown Sugar Alternative- ½ cup equivalent to brown sugar. You can omit this and just use a total of 2 cups of white sugar alternative instead.
- Vanilla Extract- 2 teaspoons
- Carrots- 3 cups grated.
- Chopped Nuts- 1 cups. chopped walnuts,or chopped pecansare suggested.
How to make Sugar Free Carrot Cake
- Preheat your oven to 325. Prep a cake pan well for nonstick (9X13, 8" round, 9"round etc).
- In a large bowl, mix together your baking soda, baking powder, flour, cinnamon and salt. Set this bowl aside.
- Now in a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, and sugar alternatives.
- Add the dry ingredient for the first bowl to the mixing bowl ½ of the bowl at a time- gently mixing between additions.
- Next, stir in the vanilla extract and the carrots by hand.
- Lastly, fold in the chopped nuts.
- Bake this for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow this to cool well before cutting and serving.
- If you are making a layered cake, this recipe works best if you allow the cake layers to rest for a period of time such as over night.
The Recipe Card
Sugar Free Carrot Cake
- Preheat oven to 325. Prep a cake pan well for nonstick
- Mix together baking soda, baking powder, flour, cinnamon and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, and sugar alternatives
- Add the dry ingredient from the first bowl to the mixing bowl.
- Next, stir in the vanilla extract and the carrots by hand. Then fold in the chopped nuts.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!