25 6 4 1.9K 4 5
I love the idea of Sugar Free Carrot Cake Muffins.
Carrot muffins and carrot cake are on the top of the list of my favorites as well.
Sugar Free Carrot Cake Muffins
I am one of those people who cannot resist a good carrot cake or muffin.
Maybe that has to do with them not being chocolate or vanilla and thus, enjoying something different.
This is that carrot cake muffin recipe that does not come with a lot of added sugar in it.
By ‘added sugar’ I mean pineapple or any other kind of juice. The problem, as you may already know, about those fruit juices is that they are loaded with sugar. Usually that sugar did not get there naturally.
You will probably be happy to know that this is a rather simple recipe for carrot cake muffins.
That is because there are not a lot of fancy or different ingredients that you need for this. We will be using a couple of cheats instead.
You will need a box of sugar free yellow cake mix.
You can find sugar free yellow cake mix online. You will alos need a box of sugar free vanilla pudding mix, which you can also find online. Also, we will be using a few grated carrot as well as some seasoning.
Are you interested in learning more about sugar free baking?
You can check out my guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon
I have some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one.
What can you top these muffins with
Try one of these ideas if you feel the need to top your muffins.
The recipe for Sugar Free Carrot Cake Muffins
This is an easy recipe to follow that also yields a yummy result.
Here is what you will need to make Sugar Free Carrot Cake Muffins
- Sugar Free Yellow Cake Mix- 1 package, see post for details.
- Also, Sugar Free Vanilla Instant Pudding- 1 package, see post for details.
- And, Sugar Free Alternative- equivalent to 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Ground Cinnamon with no sugar added- 2 1/2 teaspoons.
- Eggs- 4 whipped.
- Water- 2/3 cup.
- Oil such as vegetable- 3/4 cup.
- Carrots- 3 cups grated.
- Optional- chopped walnuts 1/4-1/2 cup.
How to make Sugar Free Carrot Cake Muffins
- Preheat your oven to 325 and prep you muffin pans for nonstick.
- In a mixing bowl, combine together your cake mix, pudding mix, sugar free alternative, and cinnamon.
- Now in another bowl, mix together the eggs, water and oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients from the second bowl into the first bowl a bit at a time, mixing as you go. When the batter seems blended you can stir in the carrots and then fold in any optional nuts.
- Bake this for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the your cupcakes to cool before serving or frosting. However, you do not need to frost these as they are muffins. Thus, enjoy them any way that you would like to 🙂
25 6 4 1.9K 4 5