Sugar Free Jello Frosting is one of the best kept hacks out there.
Making it sugar free, is even better.
Sugar Free Jello Frosting
I love that the unique taste that jello adds to anything.
However, this is even more true about something like frosting.
Using a box of gelatin as an ingredient works really well.
Not only do you get the taste from the gelatin flavor, you also get a color. Thus, gelatin can add a lot to any recipe.
Obviously, you will need a box of gelatin for this recipe.
While the manufacturer of that jello may not be all that important, the flavor and color is. You can find a great variety of sugar free jello colors and flavors online.
Here are some similar recipes that you can use this frosting with..
- Sugar Free Angel Food Cake Recipe.
- Also, Sugar Free Strawberry Cupcakes.
- Lastly, Sugar Free Yellow Cake.
Keep up to date with my recipes
You can check out my guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon
I have some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one.
The recipe for Sugar Free Jello Frosting
What you will need to make this Sugar Free Jello Frosting
- Cream Cheese- 1 8 ounce package softened to room temperature. Can use an alternative.
- Butter- 1 stick also softened to room temperature.
- Sugar Free Jello– 1 .3 ounce box.-
- Sugar Free Powdered Sugar- 3 cups- can make sugar free powdered sugar yourself using this recipe or buy sugar free powdered sugar online.
- Whipping Cream or Tubbed Whip Cream or Greek Yogurt- 2 1/2 tablespoons. Your choice should have something to do with what you will be doing with your frosting. For example, tubbed whip cream (ie cool whip) works well with a frozen cake while Greek Yogurt may work best for a regular everyday cake.
How to make Sugar Free Jello Frosting
- In a mixing bowl, combine together the cream cheese and butter. This may be easiest to do in a ‘mashing’ method to start with. When the ingredients are well blended, stir in the jello.
- Add the powdered sugar to the bowl and use a paddle attachment to mix the frosting. Mix on medium until the ingredients become blended.
- Add the dairy ingredient (whipped cream or other choice) to the bowl. You can switch out to a whisk attachment if desired. Whip the frosting until fluffy- this can take a few minutes.
- Be sure to refrigerate this frosting.
The recipe card
In a mixing bowl, mash together the cream cheese and butter.When the ingredients are well blended, stir in the jello.
Add the powdered sugar to the bowl and use a paddle attachment to mix the frosting. Mix on medium until the ingredients become blended.
Add the dairy ingredient (whipped cream or other choice) to the bowl. and Whip the frosting until fluffy- this can take a few minutes.