Yes, there is a way to learn How to Make Sugar Free S'Mores.
I had been searching for years on a way to do this and finally, I have cracked the code.
How to Make Sugar Free S'Mores
It all started when I found the marshmallows.
I was working on a post a while back and I needed to find some ingredients online to refer readers to. That is when I stumbled upon the sugar free marshmallows. Sugar free marshmallows are something that I had been searching for- even for the recipe- for a long time. I was in heaven when I found these. Naturally, I wasted little time in ordering these marshmallows. When I received them, I was amazed at how good they tasted and how much they were like the real thing. YAY!
If you are like me and have had to watch your sugar intake then you probably know what it is like to have to avoid a campfire/summer time favorite like S'Mores.
In order to start this journey I first needed to conquer the task of making the graham crackers.
Regular graham crackers have about five grams of sugar in them. Thus, they are not sugar free. However, we can make graham crackers that do not have the added sugar in them. You can see the recipe for sugar free graham crackers here. They are surprisingly rather easy to make
What you will need to make the S'Mores sugar free.
We all know that there are three ingredients in a regular S'More recipe. Those ingredients would include graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows. Obviously, these ingredients all have added sugar in them. I once read that there are around 30 grams of sugar in an average S'More. Hence out goal is to use sugar free alternatives for the three known ingredients in this recipe.
As I had mentioned earlier, sugar free marshmallows are essential.
You can find sugar free marshmallows online. You will then need to make sugar free graham crackers. The recipe for sugar free graham crackers can be found here. Lastly, you will need to use sugar free chocolate. I like to use sugar free chocolate chips because they are easy to find, easy to use, and also they taste good. You can find sugar free chocolate chips online.
The Recipe for How to Make Sugar Free S'Mores
What you will need to make a sugar free S'More.
- Sugar free graham crackers- 2 per S'More. (see recipe above)
- Sugar Free Marshmallows- 1-2 per S'More (see post for details).
- Sugar Free Chocolate- 1/2 to 1 sugar free chocolate bar or 2 teaspoons of sugar free chocolate chips (this is all depending upon size of your crackers).
How to make this recipe.
- Place two sugar free graham crackers face down on a microwave safe plate (if using a microwave) or on a flat surface.
- One on cracker place the chocolate. If microwaving, place the marshmallow(s) on the other cracker.
- Microwave on medium high until the chocolate appears to be somewhat melting. Or, if not using the microwave method, heat the marshmallow until they start to brown. You can either allow the warmed marshmallow heat them chocolate or you can warm those on their cracker.
- With the melted chocolate on one cracker and the softened marshmallow(s) on the other cracker, make a sandwich. Enjoy!
Make your S'More even more fun!
Here are some optional things to try with your S'Mores.
- Use a sugar free copycat hazelnut spread instead of the chocolate.
- Use a regular homemade cracker instead of the homemade graham cracker.
- Add some sugar free peanut butter to the crackers.