This Sugar Free Copycat Chick-fil-A Frozen Lemonade is the perfect treat for this time of the year.
I must say that I am a fan of this frozen delight!
Sugar Free Copycat Chick-fil-A Frozen Lemonade
This is the version that has no sugar added to it.
However, even without adding the sugar to it, this is really a tasty treat to enjoy.
Technically, we know that the original is called a “Frosted lemonade”.
I am calling my lemonade frozen as it seems to be more on the ‘frozen’ side rather than the frosted side. However, if you let yours sit out for a while, it too will become ‘frosted’ rather than ‘frozen’ as a result. Either way, this is a great beverage.
The original beverage really is a tasty one.
It seems to be rather obvious why this recipe is
copied ‘re-created’ so much. The original has 300 calories and 65 grams of carbs in it. Hence, this re-creation will have less as it has no added sugar.
We are going to use a bit of a cheat in this recipe.
As we are not adding sugar to this, we will be adding a sugar free lemonade mix. You can buy sugar free lemonade mix on Amazon. Also, we would normally need ice cream. If you cannot find a vanilla sugar free ice cream (or vanilla frozen yogurt), do what I do. I freeze my low fat Greek Yogurt for two hours before I make this recipe.
The recipe for Sugar Free Copycat Chick-fil-A Frozen Lemonade
What you will need for this recipe:
- Lemon Juice- 1/4 cup. Fresh is best. If you use bottled, be sure to check the added sugar content of it.
- Sugar Free Lemonade Mix- 1. Use an “on the go” single serving packet. If you use a lemonade that has already been made, simply use one cup of the lemonade and omit the added water listed below.
- Water- 1 cup
- Sugar Free Vanilla Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt- 2 cups. See post for Greek Yogurt alternative.
- Optional- additional sugar alternative as needed. Taste your beverage first and add the alternative in small amounts a bit at a time. Also optional additional ice.
How to make this.
- Add to your blender that lemon juice, lemonade mix, and water. Blend your lemonade for about 10 seconds or long enough to mix.
- Now add your ice cream/frozen yogurt and blend until you reach your desired consistency.
- If your lemonade seems to be too thin, simply add a few ice cubes and flash blend until you reach your consistency.
- You can add additional sugar alternative if you feel that your drink is too tart. However, only add this in small amounts a bit at a time, tasting between additions. .
While you are here, you may also enjoy these most noteworthy and especially relevant recipes