I am impressed at how easy it is to make Keto Low Carb Flatbread.
Also, I am excited that it actually tastes pretty good as well!
Keto Low Carb Flatbread
Because, anyone familiar with a keto or low carb diet knows that bread is a big no-no, this bread recipe is even better.
However, this Keto Low Carb Flatbread can also be personalized as well!
The truth is that you can use this recipe for Keto Low Carb Flatbread for more than just a bread to snack on.
This bread recipe can be used to make a tasty snack such as "Keto Low Carb Flatbread Tortilla Chips". However, my best thoughts would be used to make a yummy pizza crust with this recipe.
To make this recipe you will need almond flour. You can find a good assortment of almond flour at good prices here.
People ask what does keto flatbread taste like.
If you are someone who has eaten flatbread in the past then your probably know that no two flatbreads taste the same. There are many factors such as ingredients that can make a difference in flavor of about anything.
However, what you should know about this keto flatbread is that it tastes really good.
That is, this keto recipe version of flatbread really tastes a lot like the original if not even better.
You may not even be able to tell the difference.
You may be wondering what can you do with keto flatbread.
When you are on a keto or low carbohydrate diet then you know that bread is pretty much forbidden.
Bread, thanks to the flour, can be loaded with carbs.
However, this is a flatbread recipe made without adding regular flour to it.
As a result, this is a low carbohydrate bread that is okay to eat on a low carbohydrate or keto diet.
You can enjoy this flatbread as part of a sandwich, individual pizza, or even alone as is.
Tips for making flatbread.
Seasoning is the key to personalizing your flatbread.
I like to use different kinds of seasonings on each flatbread when I am making a batch at a time.
Here are some more helpful tips for you.
- While I am using almond flour, coconut flour could work with some adjustment as coconut flour does not measure 1:1 in recipes with other flours. Start by using one less egg or twice as much coconut flour until you reach that perfect consistency (it may take a few adjustments).
- Yes, this recipe can be made using just egg whites instead of whole eggs. Again, you may need to adjust the recipe by adding an extra white to get that perfect consistency.
- Carbalose Flour is another flour that I like to use when I want a smoother texture for a wrap.
- This recipe does not have leavening as it is a flatbread. Adding ½ to 1 teaspoon of baking powder will give your flatbread a thicker consistency. A thicker flatbread can be nice when you are making a sandwich or a flatbread pizza.
How to personalize homemade flatbread.
The easiest way to personalize this flatbread is with seasonings.
You can season your flatbread according to how you will be using it too.
Here are some ideas on personalizing your flatbread.
This is my favorite seasoning for a recipe like this one.
Trader Joe's Everything but the Bagel
More seasoning ideas for you.
- Keto Steak and Chicken Seasonings.
- Sugar Free Cinnamon Sugar.
- Taco Seasoning (make a flatbread nacho or taco!).
How to store keto low carb flatbread.
Store your flatbreads in an airtight container or bag in a refrigerator or freezer.
If you are stacking the flatbreads, use a piece of parchment paper between the flatbreads to keep them separated.
Here are some similar recipes that you may also like.
- Easy Low Carb Keto Pancakes
- Low Carb Pizza Rolls
- Keto Creamy Garlic Shrimp Recipe
- Sugar Free Low Carb Banana Bread
- Keto Coconut Flour Bread
- No Bake Keto Chocolate Cookies
- Keto Low Carb Almond Bread
- Sugar Free Low Carb Donuts
- Keto Low Carb Vegetable Wraps
Keep up to date with my recipes
You can check out my guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon
I have some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one.
Be sure to follow me on facebook and subscribe to my recipes via email to keep up to date as well.
The recipe for Keto Low Carb Flatbread
As mentioned, you will need almond flour for this recipe. Almond flour is a gluten-free low carb flour alternative that is made from one ingredient- almonds!
What you will need to make this Keto Low Carb Flatbread.
- Mozzarella Cheese- 2 cups shredded.
- Cream Cheese- 2 tablespoons. Have this cheese softened to room temperature for best results.
- Eggs- 2 beaten.
- Almond Flour- ½ cup. Only substitute almond flour with a flour that is 1:1 in volume with almond flour. Generally speaking, most coconut flour is not 1:1 with almond flour which means you will need to make adjustments in your other ingredients (see above). However, Carbalose Flour is low carb and can be used in this recipe.
- Seasonings of choice. Such as Trader Joe's Everything but the Bagel .
How to make Keto Low Carb Flatbread
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prep one or two baking sheets for nonstick. I use two baking sheets for making round flatbreads lining them with parchment paper. Set the prepped sheets aside.
- Use the microwave or stovetop to combine the mozzarella and the cream cheese.
Microwave method: in a microwave safe bowl, heat the ingredients until melted together, stopping to stir ever 15 seconds. It should take about a minute to become smooth. Tip: Spray the bowl with a bit of nonstick first for an easier cleanup.
Saucepan method: Simply heat on medium - medium-low, stirring as needed.
When the ingredients have melted together remove them from the heat and allow the mixture to cool for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, use a fork or whisk to mix together the eggs with the almond flour in a mixing bowl. If you are adding seasonings, you can do so now, or you can add them as a topping later on. However, you could also add your seasonings both now and as a topping. Lots of choices :).
- Add the melted cheese to the flour mixture- half of the mixture at a time, stirring between additions. When well mixed, you can then press the mixture into your prepped baking sheet. Be sure to flatten the mixture into the sheet as evenly as you can. Top this with any additional seasonings. Optionally, you can divide the dough into eights and roll each piece into a ball, Flatten each ball onto the prepped sheets and make round flatbreads.
- Then bake for 15-17 minutes or until this bread turns golden.
The recipe card for Keto Low Carb Flatbread
Keto Low Carb Flatbread
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 2 Eggs beaten
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prep one or two baking sheets for nonstick. I use two baking sheets for making round flatbreads. I use parchment paper. Set the prepped sheet aside.
- Cream together the mozzarella cheese and the cream cheese. Then heat this mixture to melt the cheeses together. See post for details on stove or microwave heating. Allow this to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix together the egg and flour in a medium mixing bowl. Add the melted cheese to the flour mixture- half of the mixture at a time, stirring between additions. When well mixed, you can then press the mixture into your prepped baking sheet. Be sure to flatten the mixture into the sheet as evenly as you can. Top this with any additional seasonings.Optionally, you can divide the dough into eights and roll each piece into a ball, Flatten each ball onto the prepped sheets and make round flatbreads.
- Then bake for 15-17 minutes or until this bread turns golden.
*About Sugar Alternatives
Specific sugar alternatives are not given in the recipes presented on this site. Only suggestions are given as to the 'kind' of alternative to use. It is up to you to select the alternative to use that suits your needs best. If the recipe is heated or cooked, it is best to use an alternative that can be heated or cooked with for best results. This site does not endorse any specific ingredients,
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to make this recipe, please stop back and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, if you have any tips or tweaks to the recipe to share, please do so in the comment section below. My readers like to stop by periodically for updates on the recipes. Reading the comments below is helpful to these readers and hopefully to you too!!
Looking for a recipe that is not on my site?
Please let me know and I will work on getting that recipe for you.
Happy baking, eating, and enjoying life!
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used.
Make your favorite sandwich or low carb pizza bread with this tasty recipe for how to make Sugar Free Keto Low Carb Flatbread
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
You can see items that have been featured on my Sugar Free Sunday Spotlight here.
In your breakdown you state that we should add coconut flour but in the beginning you say that we should use almond flour for this recipe. Was that just a typo?
Also, is there another ingredient that we can use for non-dairy recipe? Thank you.
Coconut flour is a similar flour alternative that some folks like to use. However, In a recipe like this one, I suggest to only substitute almond flour with a flour that is 1:1 in volume with almond flour. Generally speaking, most coconut flour is not 1:1 with almond flour. However, Carbalose Flour is low carb and can be used in this recipe.
I know that there are 'Vegan Mozzarella Cheese" products available however, I have not tried any of them in this recipe so I do not know if a cheese alternative would work in this recipe. Thanks!
You didn't address the question. If ingredients say almond flour and directions say coconut flour. HOW MUCH coconut flour,???
Hello. I am sorry for any confusion.
The recipe calls for almond flour or a flour alternative that is 1:1 with almond flour. "Almond Flour- 1/2 cup. Only substitute almond flour with a flour that is 1:1 in volume with almond flour. Generally speaking, most coconut flour is not 1:1 with almond flour. However, Carbalose Flour is low carb and can be used in this recipe."
Thanks so much!
You gave the nutrition info per serving, but did not state serving size. What are these numbers based on? Thanks.
Hi. There are eight servings in a batch. There is nothing scientific behind designating a serving size as a serving size can differ depending on how large each flatbread is. You could certainly make smaller servings by making smaller flatbread. Thanks!
I was very skeptical going into this but jeez..... That was amazing! My husband was super happy to get sandwiches again. LOL Thanks a bunch for the recipe!
So happy to hear this!! Thank you!!!
I can’t wait to try this! Wow I can’t believe it has 2 carbs...great macros!! Thank you
I like that you can eat it alone or as part of another recipe. I have a few recipes coming up soon that show how to do this! Thanks!
These look SO GOOD! Is it pretty easy to make? I haven't tried many bread-type items before.
This recipe has been really popular so far! Thanks!
Curious, how do you store these? Are they ok the next day, or best the day of? Thanks!
Hi. I would think that they would keep okay for a couple of days if wrapped up. I have not tried storing these however.
Please let me know how it works for you if you try to store yours. Thanks
I have made this recipe and followed instructions to a tee. Not able to roll in a ball to gooey. Is there something I am doing wrong. We actually love them used s a bun. . Thanks
Hi. Yes, there are a couple of things that you can do. Sticky dough is the nature of this dough. However, you could oil your hands before working with it. Also, it can help to refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes or so. Thanks!