Sugar Free Keto Honey Butter Biscuits are so easy to make.
I like how tasty these simple biscuits are with the honey butter on them.
Sugar Free Keto Honey Butter Biscuits
These honey butter biscuits are both sugar free and keto diet friendly.
Even better, that are so tasty too!!
Did you try my recipe for Low Carb Copycat Red Lobster Biscuits?
That cheddar biscuit is also low in carbohydrates and has been a popular recipe here.
This recipe for honey butter biscuits reminds me more of a Texas Roadhouse biscuit, another popular restaurant idea.
This recipe is made even easier thanks to using a low carbohydrate biscuit mix.
You can find Carbquik, the mix that I use, here.
This recipe is for anyone asking how do you make honey butter from scratch
Really, anyone can mix together honey and butter and call it honey butter.
It takes a bit of practice however, getting the right amounts of each ingredient so that you do not get something too sweet or too buttery.
Using the right amount of ingredients is important to the success of the honey butter.
Yes, you can use regular and real honey to make this recipe if you do not mind the carbs and sugar that come with it.
However, there are also honey alternatives that have no added sugar in them that you can use.
People do ask what is honey butter used for.
Obviously, honey butter is used to make tasty honey butter biscuits such as these.
In this recipe we will brush the honey butter on the biscuits just before and after baking.
Here are some more ideas for using honey butter.
You can put honey butter on toast, pancakes, or waffles.
Beyond breakfast and brunch, honey butter tastes great with yogurt, on corn on the cob, and even on ice cream.
Here are some tips for making your keto honey butter biscuits .
This recipe is for more of a biscuit rather than for a roll.
Making this as a biscuit is easier because we are able to use a baking mix that contains baking powder.
Here are some more ideas for how to use your lefr
- You can make these biscuits even sweeter. Simply add up some sugar alternative (a tablespoon or two depending on what kind of alternative you are using) to the mix when you are mixing it up. You may need to adjust your wet ingredients if you add more than two tablespoons of alternative.
- Mix your ingredients until just blended. Over mixing can affect the texture of the biscuits.
- Bake these biscuits until the edges just beginning to turn golden. These biscuits taste best when that are soft rather than hard.
How to make these as honey butter Texas Roadhouse style biscuits.
Texas Roadhouse biscuits are made with a yeast based dough.
I suggest maybe trying a low carbohydrate bun made with yeast with the honey butter from this recipe on top.
Here are some similar recipes that you may also like.
- Keto Low Carb Everything Bagels.
- How to Air Fry Brussels Sprouts.
- Keto Baked Egg Stuffed Peppers.
- Sugar Free Churro French Toast.
- Low Carb Air Fried Recipes you need to try.
- Keto Low Carb Vegan Pancakes.
Keep up to date with my recipes
You can check out my guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon
I have some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one.
How to make the sugar free honey butter for this keto buttermilk biscuits recipe .
To make the honey butter you will need to blend together the following ingredients.
The leftover honey butter can be stored in a refrigerator and reheated as need for later.
The ingredients to make the honey butter.
- Butter- 1 stick (½ cup) melted.
- Sugar Free Honey- ⅓ cup.
- Cinnamon- 2 teaspoons (optional- this is for a Roadhouse style honey butter).
- Sugar Free Powdered Sugar- 1 tablespoon (optional- this is for a Roadhouse style honey butter).
- Vanilla Extract- ½ teaspoon (optional- this is for a Roadhouse style honey butter).
Ingredients needed to make keto honey butter biscuits recipe
- Carbquik- 4 cups.
- Heavy Cream- 1 cup.
- Water- ¼ cup.
- Optional- sugar alternative- up to tablespoons. Please use an alternative that can be baked with.
- Sugar Free Honey Butter- see above for the recipe.
How to make honey biscuits no sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prep a baking sheet for nonstick. I like to use parchment paper.
- Place the Carbquik in a mixing bowl. Use a fork or a whisk to gently break up any chunks.
- Make a well in the center of the mix and pour in then heavy cream and water. Mix on low until just combined.
- Use a two tablespoon sized scoop to to drop rounded mounds of biscuit batter on to the prepped baking sheet. Then brush the biscuits with honey butter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the biscuit edges begin to brown.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and brush with additional honey butter.
The Recipe Card for Sugar Free Honey Butter Biscuits
Sugar Free Keto Honey Butter Biscuits
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prep a baking sheet for nonstick. I like to use parchment paper. Place the Carbquik in a mixing bowl. Use a fork or a whisk to gently break up any chunks. Add the heavy cream and water. Mix on low until just combined.
- Use a two tablespoon sized scoop to to drop rounded mounds of biscuit batter on to the prepped baking sheet. Then brush the biscuits with honey butter. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the biscuit edges begin to brown. Remove the biscuits from the oven and brush with additional honey butter.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe including how to make the honey butter.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See thesugarfreediva.com for details on this recipe.
most recently updated:September 13, 2021
*About Sugar Alternatives
Specific sugar alternatives are not given in the recipes presented on this site. Only suggestions are given as to the 'kind' of alternative to use. It is up to you to select the alternative to use that suits your needs best. If the recipe is heated or cooked, it is best to use an alternative that can be heated or cooked with for best results. This site does not endorse any specific ingredients,
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to make this recipe, please stop back and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, if you have any tips or tweaks to the recipe to share, please do so in the comment section below. My readers like to stop by periodically for updates on the recipes. Reading the comments below is helpful to these readers and hopefully to you too!!
Looking for a recipe that is not on my site?
Please let me know and I will work on getting that recipe for you.
Happy baking, eating, and enjoying life!
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used.
Sugar Free Honey Butter Biscuits, a tasty and easy recipe idea that has no added sugar. Low carb and keto option.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
You can see items that have been featured on my Sugar Free Sunday Spotlight here.