Sugar Free Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies features a rich and fudgy chocolate brownie layers topped by a creamy, tangy cheesecake layer.
These tasty brownies are made with no added sugar and are chewy, sweet, and indulgent.
Easy chocolate cheesecake brownies
This is a simple recipe for fudgy brownies that are topped with a cream cheese swirl.
I have also included options for keto, low carbohydrate, and gluten free diets in this recipe.
Did you try my recipe for Sugar Free Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake Brownies?
Those tasty brownies feature a keto low carbohydrate base layer with a creamy cheesecake top layer. Both this recipe for chocolate cheesecake brownies and that recipe for blueberry swirl cheesecake brownies are delicious desserts made with no added sugar.
To make this recipe you will need sugar free chocolate chips for baking. You can find a selection of sugar free chocolate chips here.
How do you make the perfect brownie?
While defining the 'perfect brownie' may be debatable, as we all have our own standards and taste, there are certain factors that most of us can agree on.
The perfect brownie will often have these characteristics:
● The perfect balance between a rich chocolate flavor, a moist and fudgy interior, and a slightly crisp, shiny top.
● A good brownie taste like a balance between rich and slightly tart cocoa and the flavors added from vanilla extract, butter, and sugar ( or alternative).
● When you bite into a good brownie your mouth should be met by a velvety and dense interior that is moist and fudgy with a 'melt-in-your-mouth' feeling.
● Lastly, the perfect brownie will keep you thinking about it and craving more for a long time 😋 .
● Use quality ingredients that are fresh and at the optimal temperature for use.
● Follow the recipe process from measuring to incorporating the ingredients.
● Resist the urge to over-mix the ingredients.
● Bake the brownies as indicated as overbaking them can matter.
● Consider ingredient add-ins such as chopped nuts or chocolate chips.
● Allow the brownies to properly cool before slicing.
Here are some tips for making cream cheese brownies .
My brownies were made in a glass baking dish that was prepared well for nonstick. You can alternatively, use a baking pan which can be lined with parchment paper that overhangs the sides of the pan for easy cleanup.
More helpful tips for you.
- Your cream cheese should be softened to room temperature for best results in this recipe. This will make it easier to swirl it on top of the brownies.
- My brownies were made in an 8 X 8" baking dish. For thicker brownies, you can use a 6 X 6" baking dish.
- Lastly, when mixing your brownie batter, mix it until just combined. Over-mixing the batter will make your brownies dry and more of a cake-like texture rather than a fudgy texture.
How to store cheesecake brownies
Leftover cheesecake brownies that have fully cooled should be stored in an airtight container. When properly stored, these cheesecake brownies should keep for up to six days refrigerated or up to a few months when frozen.
Here are some similar recipes that you may also like.
- Sugar Free Chocolate Cheesecake in a Jar
- Fruit Cheesecake Made with No Added Sugar
- Sugar Free Butter Pecan Cheesecake
- Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Sugar Free Pecan Cheesecake Bars
- Low Carb Sugar Free Lemon Cheesecake
Keep up to date with my recipes
👇Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading.👇
About this easy brownie recipe.
This is a simple recipe for no added sugar baked brownies that have a sweet cream cheese swirl topping.
These brownies are perfect any time of the year and can be served warm or at room temperature.
How to serve chocolate cheesecake brownies.
- Serve these brownies warm with a glass of milk or coffee on the side.
- Add a dollop of Sugar Free Whipped Cream on top and serve these brownies as a dessert for friends or family.
- Place a scoop of Sugar Free Vanilla Ice Cream on the side and serve as a special treat for a birthday or 'just because'.
Ingredients needed to make this cheesecake brownie recipe.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder. Really, any cocoa powder will work in this recipe as long as there is no added sugar in it.
- All Purpose Flour. Almond flour, keto all purpose flour, or a gluten free all purpose flour can be used as long as it measures like all purpose flour.
- Butter. If you are using unsalted butter add a half teaspoon of salt to the flour.
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips. Keto low carbohydrate followers can use keto chocolate chips.
- Sugar Alternative. For best results, use a granular sugar alternative that measures like sugar and that can also be baked with.
- Eggs. The eggs should be beaten and at room temperature so that they can blend well with the other ingredients.
- Cream Cheese. Use a full fat cream cheese that is also softened to room temperature.
How to make Sugar Free Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
Yield: 16 brownies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 45 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prep your baking dish or pan well for nonstick. Baking pans can be lined with parchment paper while baking dishes can be greased with butter.
- In a medium bowl, use a whisk to mix together the flour with the unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Next, in a large microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate chips. Do this by stopping to stir every 30 seconds until the ingredients are completely melted together. Once melted together, you can stir in half of the sugar alternative.
- Allow the melted chocolate mixture to sit for a few minutes to cool to room temperature before adding the eggs to the bowl and mixing until combined. While you are waiting for the mixture to cool you can beat together the cream cheese with the remaining sugar alternative in a new bowl until creamy.
- After you have added the eggs to the melted chocolate mixture you can transfer the ingredients to you prepared baking dish/pan. Then use a tablespoon to drop dollops of the cream cheese mixture over the brownie mixture. You can use a toothpick or knife to create swirls in the cream cheese layer.
- Bake the brownies for 40-45 minutes or until the edges appear to be set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool before slicing.
Expert Tip 👉 If you need to stack brownies in order to store them, separate the layers with parchment paper or wax paper to prevent the brownies from sticking. Frozen brownies should be allowed to thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then brought to room temperature before serving.
👇 Have you seen these popular recipes? 👇
- Sugar Free Hazelnut Spread Brownies45 Minutes
- No Bake Sugar Free Chocolate Cheesecake Bars15 Minutes
- Sugar Free No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars20 Minutes
- No Sugar Added Apple Cake55 Minutes
- Sugar Free Lemon Raspberry Dessert Bars38 Minutes
In case you missed something.
- Easy chocolate cheesecake brownies
- How do you make the perfect brownie?
- Here are some tips for making cream cheese brownies.
- How to store cheesecake brownies
- About this easy brownie recipe.
The Recipe Card for Sugar Free Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
Sugar Free Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prep your baking dish or pan well for nonstick.
- In a medium bowl, use a whisk to mix together the flour with the unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Next, in a large microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate chips. Do this by stopping to stir every 30 seconds until the ingredients are completely melted together. Once melted together, you can stir in half of the sugar alternative. Allow the melted chocolate mixture to sit for a few minutes to cool to room temperature before adding the eggs to the bowl and mixing until combined.
- While you are waiting for the mixture to cool you can beat together the cream cheese with the remaining sugar alternative in a new bowl until creamy.
- After you have added the eggs to the melted chocolate mixture you can transfer the ingredients to you prepared baking dish/pan.
- Use a tablespoon to drop dollops of the cream cheese mixture over the brownie mixture. You can use a toothpick or knife to create swirls in the cream cheese layer.
- Bake the brownies for 40-45 minutes or until the edges appear to be set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the brownies to cool before slicing.
Also, please see the actual recipe post for further details on this recipe. Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See thesugarfreediva.com for details on this recipe.
*About Sugar Alternatives
Specific sugar alternatives are not given in the recipes presented on this site. Only suggestions are given as to the 'kind' of alternative to use. It is up to you to select the alternative to use that suits your needs best. If the recipe is heated or cooked, it is best to use an alternative that can be heated or cooked with for best results. This site does not endorse any specific ingredients,
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Sugar Free Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies, a delicious fudgy dessert or snack recipe topped with cream cheese swirl. Keto, Low Carb , GF
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Thanks so much for visiting thesugarfreediva.com!
If you decide to make this recipe, please @thesugarfreediva on social to let me know how it turned out for you.
Looking for a recipe that is not on my site?
Please let me know and I will work on getting that recipe for you. Happy baking, eating, and enjoying life! Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can thus however, vary especially with ingredients that are used.