Sugar Free Maple Pecan Biscotti recipe that is a delicious no added sugar dessert recipe based upon a popular traditional Italian cookie.
This crunchy cookies tastes like maple sweet buttery goodness with added pecans.
Maple Biscotti made with no added sugar.
Sweetened with sugar free maple syrup, this biscotti is crisp and delicious.
This tasty treat can be easily dipped in coffee or served with a bit of melted chocolate drizzled on top!
Did you try my basic Sugar Free Biscotti Recipe ?
That basic biscotti recipe is a sugar free version of a favorite almond flavored cookie. Both this recipe for maple pecan biscotti and that basic biscotti could easily be served together at tea time or for dessert.
To make this recipe you will need sugar free maple syrup that can be baked with. You can sugar free maple syrup here.
Biscotti is technically an Italian cookie or 'biscuit'.
Traditional biscotti is made with almonds.
What makes biscotti so unique is that it is 'twice baked'.
That is, biscotti is first baked as a log and then it is sliced into pieces to finish baking or to get its famous crisp appearance.
Technically, there is no such thing as sugar free maple syrup.
This is because maple syrup comes from a maple tree and as a result, it is already packed with (natural) sugar.
Sugar free maple syrup is a sugar free alternative to maple syrup.
It is intended to add flavor and serve as a wet ingredient in this recipe.
Here are some tips for making great biscotti.
Biscotti is uniquely a twice baked cookie recipe. After the first baking, allow the biscotti to cool before using a serrated knife to slice it.
More helpful tips for you.
- For the first baking, the biscotti should be shaped into a log. My biscotti log wass 10 inches long, three inches wide, and about an inch tall .
- It is normal for the dough to be slightly crumbly. There is little need to adjust the added ingredients for moisture as a result.
- Make this recipe even more flavorful. Simply dip the ends of the cooled biscotti in melted sugar free white chocolate chips.
How to store sugar free biscotti.
This biscotti should be stored in airtight container where it can keep at room temperature (stay crisp) for up to a week. You can also freeze this in foil that before placing it in an airtight container or zip top freezer bag.
Here are some similar recipes that you may also like.
- Sugar Free Low Carb Banana Bread
- Keto Sugar Free Blond Brownies
- Sugar Free Keto White Chocolate Fudge
- Keto No Bake Chocolate Cookies
- Sugar Free Chocolate Hazelnut Shortbread
- Easy Keto Sugar Free Key Lime Pie
- Sugar Free Fruit Cheesecake
- How to Make Almond Flour Brownies
- Sugar Free Low Carb Donuts
- Sugar Free Chocolate Sheet Cake
Keep up to date with my recipes
About sugar free biscotti flavored with maple syrup.
This is a no added sugar version of the popular Italian biscotti.
Maple syrup is used for usto flavor this biscotti recipe.
This is a two part recipe.
The first part of this recipe is making the batter and then baking it as a long.
In the second part of this recipe, we will cut the log into pieces and bake it for a second time.
Ingredients needed to make biscotti with no added sugar.
- Flour. Proper measuring is essential to this recipe so I suggest that you do a scoop and level when measuring yours out.
- Baking Powder. Use to add air to the batter for height.
- Butter. You should have your butter softened to room temperature.
- Brown Sugar Alternative. Use a brown sugar alternative that measures like brown sugar.
- Sugar Free Maple Syrup. You should select one that measures like actual maple syrup and that you can be use in baked recipes.
- Eggs. Used to hold the ingredients together.
- Vanilla Extract. Used for balancing out flavors.
- Pecans. Salted pecans help to balance out the flavors although, you can use unsalted if you are using salted butter. Your pecans should be chopped before adding them to this recipe.
How to make Sugar Free Maple Pecan Biscotti
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 12 cookies.
- Preheat your oven to 350. Prep a rimmed baking sheet for nonstick. I use parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, use a whisk or a fork to mix together your flour and the baking powder.
- Next, in a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, you can beat together the butter and brown sugar alternative until creamy. Then beat in the maple syrup until somewhat fluffy.
- Add your eggs one at a time and then add your vanilla extract. Lastly, you can stir in your dry ingredients from the first bowl until just blended.
- Use your rubber spatula to fold in the chopped pecans.
- Transfer the dough to your prepared baking sheet and shape it into a log. My biscotti log is 10 inches long, three inches wide, and about an inch tall)..
- Bake your biscotti for 25-28 minutes, or until the exterior starts to turn golden brown.
- Once the baked biscotti has cooled (about 30 minutes) you can slice it diagonally into ½-3/4" slices and then place them cut side down on the baking sheet.
- Return the biscotti to the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Transfer the biscotti to a cooling rack to cool.
Expert tip👉 The dough will be crumbly while you are forming it into a log. I like to use my hands to help shape the dough.
👇 Have you seen these popular recipes? 👇
Table of contents for this recipe.
The Recipe Card for Sugar Free Maple Pecan Biscotti.
Sugar Free Maple Pecan Biscotti
- Preheat the oven to 350. Prep a rimmed baking sheet for nonstick.
- In a medium bowl, use a whisk or a fork to mix together the flour and the baking powder.
- Next, in a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the butter and brown sugar alternative until creamy. Then beat in the maple syrup until somewhat fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and then add the vanilla extract. Lastly, stir in the dry ingredients from the first bowl until just blended.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in the chopped pecans.
- Transfer the dough to your prepared baking sheet and shape it into a log. Bake your biscotti for 25-28 minutes, or until the exterior starts to turn golden brown.
- Once the baked biscotti has cooled (about 30 minutes) you can slice it diagonally into ½-¾" slices and then place them cut side down on the baking sheet.
- Return the biscotti to the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown. Transfer the biscotti to a cooling rack to cool.
Also, please see the actual recipe post for further details on this recipe. Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See thesugarfreediva.com for details on this recipe.
*About Sugar Alternatives
Specific sugar alternatives are not given in the recipes presented on this site. Only suggestions are given as to the 'kind' of alternative to use. It is up to you to select the alternative to use that suits your needs best. If the recipe is heated or cooked, it is best to use an alternative that can be heated or cooked with for best results. This site does not endorse any specific ingredients,
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Sugar Free Maple Pecan Biscotti, a delicious no added sugar dessert recipe based upon a popular traditional Italian cookie.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
You can see items that have been featured on my Sugar Free Sunday Spotlight here.
Thanks so much for visiting thesugarfreediva.com!
If you decide to make this recipe, please @thesugarfreediva on social to let me know how it turned out for you.
Looking for a recipe that is not on my site?
Please let me know and I will work on getting that recipe for you. Happy baking, eating, and enjoying life! Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can thus however, vary especially with ingredients that are used.