46 2 2.9K 1
These cookies could possibly be The Best Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies ever!
I must admit, I have made many sugar free chocolate cookies in my past.
The Best Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
You would think that making chocolate chips cookies without the sugar in them would be a breeze.
I mean, all you would theoretically have to do is take the sugar out and add something in its place.
Unfortunately, replacing sugar is not all that easy when it comes to baking cookies.
This is because sugar does more than just sweeten our food. Sugar has other properties that we need to compensate for as well.
You can learn more about baking with sugar, and other sugar alternatives.
You can learn more about baking with sugar alternatives in this guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon.
There are some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one.
A sugar alternative is not the only ingredient needed in this recipe.
You will also need sugar free chocolate chips, which you can find online. Also, you will need a brown sugar alternative. Some people like to use coconut palm sugar. You can find brown sugar alternatives online as well.
I also have a few other cookie recipes that you may be interested in.
I recently posted a crispie chocolate cookie recipe. My no sugar added oatmeal and raisin cookies and my sugar free butter cookies are popular recipe as well.
The recipe for The Best Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
When choosing a sugar alternative, stick with the granular varieties that resemble sugar in texture. Also, check the packaging to be assured that the contents are all sugar free and how much of the product is equivalent to a cup of sugar.
Using a ‘blended’ sugar instead of a calorie free sugar alternative can result in a more authentic tasting chocolate cookie. However, the sugar content will still be there although, in a smaller amount.
What you will need to make this recipe.
- Flour (AP)- 2 cups.
- Baking soda- 1 teaspoon.
- Salt- 1/2 teaspoon.
- White sugar alternative- equivalent to 2/3 cup of white sugar.
- Brown sugar alternative- equivalent to 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Butter- 2 sticks plus 1 tablespoon- softened to room temperature.
- Vanilla extract- 2 teaspoons.
- Eggs- 2.
- Sugar free chocolate chips- 1 10-12 ounce package.
How to make The Best Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350. Prep a pan for nonstick- I use parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together your flour, baking soda and salt. Set this aside.
- Mix together your sugars in a mixing bowl. Then add the butter and vanilla extract to the sugar and blend.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients from your first bowl to the mixing bowl and then the eggs, one egg at a time. Blend between additions.
- Finally, fold in your chocolate chips.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.