Sugar Free Flourless Banana Muffins are surprisingly easy to make.
I really like how tasty these muffins are as well.
Sugar Free Flourless Banana Muffins
This is a muffin recipe made with bananas and Greek Yogurt.
There is no added sugar or flour added to this recipe!
Did you try my 3 Ingredient Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies?
That peanut butter cookie recipe also a simple recipe that features oats.
Both this recipe for muffins and that recipe for cookies are good alternatives for anyone avoiding all purpose flour!
To make this recipe you will need a granular brown sugar alternative. You can find a selection of granular brown sugar alternatives here.
So you may be wondering what do bananas do in baking.
Bananas are added to recipe for more than one reason.
Sure, bananas add a great flavor to a baked good recipe.
However, banana do more than add flavor.
Bananas are added to many vegan recipes as an egg or butter replacement.
As a fat replacement in a recipe such as this one, bananas add to the texture and the moisture of the baked product.
This recipe is especially for anyone asking what can you do with oats.
Oats, or oatmeal, is something that most everyone has in their cupboard.
While oatmeal is a common breakfast food, it also goes well in recipes such as this one.
Oatmeal brings many benefits to a recipe.
Nutritionally speaking, oatmeal is a good source of fiber, iron, Vitamin B6, as well as having certain healthy benefits. As far as a recipe goes, oatmeal brings flavor, texture, and helps to keep you feeling full.
Here are some tips for making flourless muffins.
This muffin recipe is made in a blender rather than a mixer.
When combining the ingredients, blend until just combined for more of an oatmeal texture ( you can see some oats when you bite into the muffin).
More helpful tips for you.
- It is a good idea to use bananas that are really ripe. This will allow the bananas to make on the mushy texture needed to do their job.
- Greek yogurt is added to this recipe for both moisture and to work with the baking soda to make a fluffier muffin. For a vegan muffin, try using a vegan yogurt or coconut cream (and a nut milk for the milk).
- After taking the muffins out of the oven, allow them to cool in pan for a few minutes. This will help them set.
How to store flourless muffins.
These muffins should be stored in an airtight container.
If properly stored, they should keep for about a week at room temperature or for up to eight weeks if frozen.
Here are some similar recipes that you may also like.
- No Added Sugar Fruit and Oatmeal Cookies
- The Best Sugar Free Holiday Cookie Recipes!
- Sugar Free Oatmeal Spice Muffins
- Easy Sugar Free Banana Cream Pie
- 3 Ingredient Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- Sugar Free Greek Yogurt Frosting
- How to Make Applesauce Without the Added Sugar
- Sugar Free Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Easy Sugar Free Strawberry Mousse
Keep up to date with my recipes
You can check out my guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon
I have some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one.
About this recipe for no added sugar or flour muffins.
This recipe is mixed in a blender.
Unlike my recipes that are made using a mixer, the order of ingredients are different and, should be followed as directed in the instructions.
To make this recipe you will need bananas are ripe.
Before adding the bananas you may want to break them in half or thirds to make blending a bit easier.
Also, while I am using monk fruit, you can use the sugar alternative of your choice.
Ingredients needed to make banana oatmeal muffins with no added sugar or flour.
- Milk-⅓ cup. The more fat in your milk, the more moist your muffins will be. Vegan milk should work in this recipe as an alternative.
- Eggs- 2. Vegan folks can use vegan egg replacement.
- Greek Yogurt- ½ cup, unsweetened. Vegan alternative can be a vegan yogurt that can be baked with or coconut cream.
- Bananas- 2. The more ripe, the better for blending.
- Golden Monk fruit- ¼ cup.
- Baking Powder- 1 ½ teaspoons.
- Also, Baking Soda- ½ teaspoon.
- Cinnamon- 1 teaspoon.
- Old Fashion Rolled Oats- 2 ¼ cups.
- Chopped Walnuts- ¼ cup plus additional for topping as needed .
How to make Sugar Free Flourless Banana Muffins
- Preheat your oven to 375. Prep muffin pan well for nonstick. I use liners and then I give the ma quick spray with nonstick.
- In a strong blender, place all of the ingredients listed above in the order that they are listed in. It is important that your follow the order as the liquid ingredients need to be on the bottom. Do not add the walnuts however.
- Give the blender a couple of pulses. Then blend normally until the batter is smooth. You can then stir in the walnuts by hand.
- Pour the blended ingredients into the prepared muffin pan, filling each about ¾ full. Top with the remaining walnuts.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the muffins begin to brown or a toothpick comes out clean. Then allow the muffins to cool before removing them from the pan.
The Recipe Card for Sugar Free Flourless Banana Muffins
Sugar Free Flourless Banana Muffins,
- Preheat your oven to 375. Prep muffin pan well for nonstick. I use liners and then I give the ma quick spray with nonstick. In a strong blender, place all of the ingredients listed above in the order that they are listed in. It is important that your follow the order as the liquid ingredients need to be on the bottom. Do not add the walnuts however. Give the blender a couple of pulses. Then blend normally until the batter is smooth. You can then stir in the walnuts by hand .
- Pour the blended ingredients into the prepared muffin pan, filling each about ¾ full. Top with the remaining walnuts. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the muffins begin to brown or a toothpick comes out clean. Then allow the muffins to cool before removing them from the pan.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See thesugarfreediva.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to make this recipe, please stop back and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, if you have any tips or tweaks to the recipe to share, please do so in the comment section below. My readers like to stop by periodically for updates on the recipes. Reading the comments below is helpful to these readers and hopefully to you too!!
Looking for a recipe that is not on my site?
Please let me know and I will work on getting that recipe for you.
Happy baking, eating, and enjoying life!
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used.
Sugar Free Flourless Banana Muffins, a tasty blender recipe that is made with Greek Yogurt, Oats, and no added sugar.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
You can see items that have been featured on my Sugar Free Sunday Spotlight here.