Sugar Free Keto Mound Bars remind me of the famous candy bar made with chocolate covered coconut.
This dessert is a layered version of that on a crunchy base.
Sugar Free Keto Mound Bars
A tasty dessert recipe featuring chocolate, coconut, and peanut butter.
This is a great idea for anyone looking for a dessert recipe to share with others that has no added sugar in it.
Did you try my recipe for Sugar Free Keto Chocolate Covered Coconut Candy?
That chocolate covered candy recipe is similar to this one but, is more simple to make.
This recipe is more of a bar recipe that has a crunchy base.
To make the base of this recipe you will need to use Keto and Sugar Free Cookies that will be crushed. You can find a selection of keto sugar free cookies here.
This recipe is for anyone asking can you make something sweet without sugar.
This quick answer is yes.
If you have been here before you probably already know that there are many dessert recipes on this site that have no added sugar in them.
There are two simple ways to bypass the sugar and the sweetness of sugar in a recipe.
One way to avoid the sugar is to use an alternative to sugar, whether it be natural or other.
Another way to avoid sugar is to use other flavors that take the spotlight away from the sweetness.
This recipe reminds me of a sugar free 7 layer bar.
7 layer bars are made with seven ingredients that are layered on top of one another.
This mound bar recipe has the same basic ingredients as a 7 layer bar.
Here is how this recipe is different from a 7 layer bar recipe.
7 layer bars are baked after all of the ingredients have been added.
In this recipe, is is just the base that is baked and this is done before the other ingredients are added to the bars.
Here are some tips for making this sugar free cookie bar recipe.
These bars will need to be placed in the refrigerator in order to harden.
If you need to speed this up, simply place the bars into the freezer until hardened.
Here are some more helpful tips for you.
- This recipe is made with unsweetened coconut cream. To keep these bars sugar free and keto friendly, make sure that you are indeed using unsweetened coconut cream and not coconut milk or a sweetened product.
- You will also need peanut butter to make this recipe. Choose a smooth peanut butter that has no added sugar in it.
- A recipe such as this one is usually made with a well-greased baking dish. This is one of those recipe that I would consider using a parchment paper lining so that it is easier to lift out of the pan too cut.
How to store this Sugar Free Dessert.
These bars should be stored in an airtight container.
They should keep for about five days if refrigerated or up to two months frozen.
Here are some similar recipes that you may also like.
- Sugar Free Keto Coconut Cookies.
- Mexican Wedding Cookies with No Added Sugar.
- Sugar Free Butterscotch Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Easiest Ever Almond Cookie.
- Sugar Free Gelatin Cookies.
- Almond Cookies with No Added Sugar.
- Sugar Free Thumbprint Cookies.
Keep up to date with my recipes
You can check out my guide on baking with sugar alternatives on Amazon
I have some great tips on which alternatives may work in a recipe such as this one.
How to prepare the cookies to make a sugar free keto crust.
This keto sugar free recipe is made on top of a crust which is the base for the other ingredeints.
To make the crust you will need sugar free keto diet friendly cookies.
Select a cookie that is like a biscuit or wafer rather than a sandwich or fluffy cookie.
Place the cookies in a zip top bag to crush them with a mallet, rolling pin, or similar item or use a food processor to crush the cookies up. You want the to cookies to be close to crumb-like.
Ingredients needed to make Sugar Free Mound Bars
- Crushed Sugar Free Keto Cookie Crumbs- 2 cups.
- Sugar Alternative- equivalent to ¼ cup of sugar.
- Butter- ½ cup, melted.
- Unsweetened Coconut Cream- ¾ cup.
- Shredded Unsweetened Coconut- ¾ cup.
- Sugar Free butterscotch chips- ¾ cup
- Keto Sugar Free Chocolate Chips- ¾ cup.
- Sugar Free Peanut Butter - ¼ cup, smooth.
- Slivered Almonds- ½ cup.
How to make this low carb keto dessert recipe.
- Start by making the crust. Preheat your oven to 250 and prep a 9 X 13 baking dish for nonstick. In a medium mixing bowl, combine together the crushed cookies, sugar alternative and melted butter. Then press this into the prepped baking dish and bake for 10 minutes. Remove this from the oven and up the temperature to 350.
- For the first layer, in a clean mixing bowl, blend together the coconut cream and the shredded coconut. Spread this mixture evenly over the cookie crust that you just pulled out of the oven and return the baking dish to the oven to bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn the oven off.
- Place the peanut butter, butterscotch, and semi-sweet chocolate chips in a clean mixing bowl. Then melt the chocolate according to packaging. I like to melt chocolate chips in the microwave safe bowl, stopping to stir every 30 seconds. Pour the melted chocolate over the ingredients in the bowl and stir the ingredients together. Spread the melted chocolate mixture evenly over the ingredients in the baking dish that just came out of the oven. Then sprinkle the slivered almonds over the bars.
- Lastly, place the bars into the refrigerator to harden before slicing.
The Recipe Card for Sugar Free Keto Mound Bars
Sugar Free Keto Mound Bars
- 2 cup Crushed Sugar Free Keto Cookie Crumbs
- ¼ cup Sugar Alternative - see post for details
- ½ cup Melted Butter
- ¾ cup Unsweetened Coconut Cream
- ¾ cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- ¾ cup Sugar Free butterscotch chips
- ¾ cup Keto Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Sugar Free Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Slivered Almonds
- Start by making the crust. Preheat your oven to 250 and prep a 9 X 13 baking dish for nonstick. In a medium mixing bowl, combine together the crushed cookies, sugar alternative and melted butter. Then press this into the prepped baking dish and bake for 10 minutes. Remove this from the oven and up the temperature to 350
- For the first layer, in a clean mixing bowl, blend together the coconut cream and the shredded coconut. Spread this mixture evenly over the cookie crust that you just pulled out of the oven and return the baking dish to the oven to bake for another 15 minutes. Place the peanut butter, butterscotch, and semi-sweet chocolate chips in a clean mixing bowl. Then melt the chocolate according to packaging. Pour the melted chocolate over the ingredients in the bowl and stir the ingredients together. Then sprinkle the slivered almonds over the bars.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See thesugarfreediva.com for details on this recipe.
most recently updated:November 12, 2021
*About Sugar Alternatives
Specific sugar alternatives are not given in the recipes presented on this site. Only suggestions are given as to the 'kind' of alternative to use. It is up to you to select the alternative to use that suits your needs best. If the recipe is heated or cooked, it is best to use an alternative that can be heated or cooked with for best results. This site does not endorse any specific ingredients,
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to make this recipe, please stop back and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, if you have any tips or tweaks to the recipe to share, please do so in the comment section below. My readers like to stop by periodically for updates on the recipes. Reading the comments below is helpful to these readers and hopefully to you too!!
Looking for a recipe that is not on my site?
Please let me know and I will work on getting that recipe for you.
Happy baking, eating, and enjoying life!
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used.
Sugar Free Keto Mound Bars, a low carbohydrate layered dessert recipe featuring coconut and chocolate with no added sugar.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
You can see items that have been featured on my Sugar Free Sunday Spotlight here.